Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sega Rally heading to XBLA

4 posters

Go down

Sega Rally heading to XBLA Empty Sega Rally heading to XBLA

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 1 Feb 2011 - 18:32

Source:

SEGA’s history contains a hearty lineage of both racing and arcade games — and those are being brought to bear once again this Spring, with the release of SEGA Rally Online Arcade!

SEGA Rally Online Arcade is an all-new HD game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles featuring fast-paced offroad racing action. If the title seems like a mouthful consider it the necessary application of great racing games from SEGA’s past — SEGA Rally Revo and SEGA Rally 3, in particular, have lent their unique racing DNA to this new off-road console game, which aside from lots of great single player challenges, will specialize in numerous online modes.

The game includes familiar race types such as “Championship Battle Mode” and “Time Attack”, letting you fight your way through a field of cars over successive tracks or race against the clock, respectively. There’s a new achievement system for unlocking additional content, and a total of 13 cars to choose from. Multiplayer options include 2 players locally and 2-6 for online play, where you can compete for online leaderboards on tracks choked with dirt, mud, and snow.

Speaking of the tracks: Also featured is the “Desert ’95″ track (seen below), from the classic arcade game “SEGA Rally Championship”. It’s a callback to SEGA’s long history in racing games, when arcade technology made it possible to race on different terrains for the first time.

The game includes familiar race types such as “Championship Battle Mode” and “Time Attack”, letting you fight your way through a field of cars over successive tracks or race against the clock, respectively. There’s a new achievement system for unlocking additional content, and a total of 13 cars to choose from. Multiplayer options include 2 players locally and 2-6 for online play, where you can compete for online leaderboards on tracks choked with dirt, mud, and snow.

Speaking of the tracks: Also featured is the “Desert ’95″ track (seen below), from the classic arcade game “SEGA Rally Championship”. It’s a callback to SEGA’s long history in racing games, when arcade technology made it possible to race on different terrains for the first time.

Sega Rally heading to XBLA O70ems

Sega Rally heading to XBLA F3yoog

If this launches at 1200 points I will def be interested. Definitely one to keep an eye on Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sega Rally heading to XBLA Empty Re: Sega Rally heading to XBLA

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 11:31

Those pics look good for an XBLA game.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 12:13

still havent played a rally game on the xbox yet. will defo pick this up if a few of us are getting it.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 13:08

I tried the demo of the retail Sega Rally that was launched a couple of years ago and it was good fun - definitely an arcade style game in terms of the handling and the track deformation was pretty good - the grooves you cut into the track remain so subsequent laps could be affected by the changed surface.

At the time i wasnt willing to shell out for a game I would have been playing on my own because I tried it before I had Gold.

If this plays anything like the previous SR, it should be a good laugh and is a definite Friday nighter with a few beers
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 13:13

I swear that's just the retail Sega Rally on the 360 re-released as an XBLA game, if it's the case just pick up the retail game for about £5 it's good but fecking hard!

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 13:15

It wouldnt surprise me if thats the case Tom, graphically it looks pretty substantial for an arcade game
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guichew Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 19:55

Did someone say Friday night beers?

I'm in!
Guichew
Guichew
Fifth Wall Vet