Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DmC early hands on Review

4 posters

Go down

DmC early hands on Review Empty DmC early hands on Review

Post by Reaper FWG Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 15:01

Devil May Cry Review.

Early impressions:

Firstly I have played all the previous Devil May Cry games and although they were solid they never really stood out for me and I never did multiple play through’s for the various difficulty achievements. In DmC to 1000g you need 4-7 playthough’s

The Reboot however after playing 9 missions of the 21 I can actually see myself going back through this game multiple times as it has genuine replay value. There are lots of different weapons and abilities to master and at the minute the sheer number of combos and attacks you can combine is staggering. In DmC you get Style points for the way you destroy and decimate your Enemies and this time around the mechanic’s are really solid and of the 6 weapons selectable to me at the moment selecting how to attack and which combos to use is really fun.

DmC early hands on Review Dmc-dm11
The enemies are also varied and have different variants some only been able to be hurt by either Angel or Devil weaponry. This means the combos you choose and the methods you use have a more strategic feel to them rather than just attack attack attck. Now its more attack, change shoot charge avoid attack with different weaponry pull,, slice duck devil trigger!

The art style of the game is excellent with all the combat happening in Limbo and Dante’s world crashing and shifting with great visual style. The story has been turned on its head and brought into the modern world and the levels feel like a progression to the story rather than battles for battles sake.

The boss battles are well thought out and after playing the first mission on 3 different difficulties can confirm the game strategies and skill level increase drastically with each difficulty. And there are plenty of keys, gates and collectibles hidden within each level to make other playthroughs feel different and have different routes to take.

DmC early hands on Review Th11

All in All at this early stage the game deserves a 8.5 its good fun, looks slick and has solid mechanics and story behind it.
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

DmC early hands on Review Empty Re: DmC early hands on Review

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 15:25

I had a go at this back at EG and thought it was ok.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 15:47

i played the demo and thought it was ok, but the actuall game is very good and just keeps adding depth enemies, weapons, combos, and is held together brilliantly with a remastered storyline
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 17:15

Nice write up Jamie, it will be going on my LF list for a rental. Glad that Ninja Theory got this right as it might just be the break they need to really get their name known more widely as they make good games
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 16 Jan 2013 - 20:27

+1 for Ninja Theory, I thought Enslaved: Odyssey to the West was excellent, really underrated.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeto Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 12:08

Loving the game so far, noticed that Jamie is playing it through on the easiest difficulty tut tut.
As a big DmC fan I can't really rate the gameplay until I've played son of sparda and heaven or hell modes playing through on Nephilm difficulty so far and its too easy, boss battles are a piece of piss, compaired to Dmc 3 where it took 700 tries to beat a boss just on hard difficulty and took 999999 times on dante must die mode.

The visuals are good and I'm enjoying the combos though, missing the old Dante though but this new Dante does have some good lines like old Dante, "I'm your prom date you ugly sack of shit"

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE TAUNT BUTTON? IT'S MY FAVOURITE THING ABOUT DMC AND I CAN'T FUCKING FIND IT
Wheeto
Wheeto
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Thu 17 Jan 2013 - 12:46

Embarassed easy who me............. lol yeah i am playing on Easy to unlock all the weapons take in the story and learn some good combos so that when i have to do the other playthough's i stand a good chance.

Dante has some great lines and the mop on the head was funny in first mission Smile lol
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down