Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media Molecules founder once threatened Peter Molyneux over a penis....

3 posters

Go down

Media Molecules founder once threatened Peter Molyneux over a penis.... Empty Media Molecules founder once threatened Peter Molyneux over a penis....

Post by Guest Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 11:10

We know what you're thinking. Typical CVG, tabloid muppets. Why can't they just write a straight headline?

Well, friend, you're mistaken. As you're about to discover, our arresting snapshot description isn't even half the story.

Peter Molyneux went on a podcast last month. The IGN one, it was. It's pretty funny - worth a listen. The UK team, presenting from Germany at Gamescom, are messing with sausages and such like. Titter-worthy stuff.

They're larking about, discussing Kinect, forgetting release dates and generally indulging in amusing chitchat. Peter's joining in, telling mirthful, mum-friendly anecdotes about German attitudes to violence and caressing chickens.

And then... oh man. Here it goes. Peter says this:

"Well, [here's] an interesting fact that may or not be true. One of the sausages reminds me of the first prototype we had of the Black & White 1 creature."

Bit odd, but nothing to get over-excited about, right? Deep breath. Seriously. Deep breath.

"I for some reason had this obsession to make them anatomically correct. So the first version of this giant ape had this sort of beautifully physically correct - I'm going to say the word - penis dangling between its legs... which morphed depending on how excited your creature was."

Shock. Flame-bearded IGN man Martin Robinson retorts - with what any sane man would.

"My God."

But he's a pro, is Martin. Knows he's got to get things back on a journalistic footing.

"Was it a good penis or an evil penis?"

Brilliant.

Molyneux continues: "The idea was [that] there was going to be two creatures... I don't know what was going through my mind. I wasn't even on class A drugs! It was this bizarre thing. Especially in America! Even if you show nipples they go insane, rating it under-the-counter product. It just goes to show you just how rubbish I am as a designer, really."

Stop press? Not yet. That's nothing.

"They did actually model it - and the artist that modelled it ended up going completely insane. [He] threatened to knife me... absolutely true story. He went on to found Media Molecule. Chap called Mark Healey.

"Driven mad by making huge, sausage-like penises on apes - that's the sort of thing I get people to do at Lionhead."

Listen through the link below. Email us. Reassure us we haven't lost our minds.

Back to top Go down

Media Molecules founder once threatened Peter Molyneux over a penis.... Empty Re: Media Molecules founder once threatened Peter Molyneux over a penis....

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 11:16

ROFL quality!!
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Media Molecules founder once threatened Peter Molyneux over a penis.... Empty Re: Media Molecules founder once threatened Peter Molyneux over a penis....

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 11:30

Rotfl
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 20:59

ha ha ha fricken bizzarre
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down