Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick scopping removed from Black Ops + other little details....

+3
FWG Plod
MAVERiCK FWG
Andy
7 posters

Go down

Quick scopping removed from Black Ops + other little details.... Empty Quick scopping removed from Black Ops + other little details....

Post by Guest Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 18:40

Last week Treyarch detailed a handful of the tweaks it's making to the Call of Duty: Black Ops multiplayer. Today, courtesy of a quick Q&A on Twitter, we get one more: quickscoping is getting eighty-sixed.

Sleight-of-Hand, in conjunction with Auto Aim, is a perfectly legal way for Call of Duty gamers to become Quick Draw McGraw with a sniper rifle and rack up kills with uncanny (read: skill-free) precision. But quickscoping, as it's known, will be no more in Black ops, says Treyarch Community Manager Josh Olin.

When one CoD fan tweeted the Black Ops quickscoping question to Olin, Olin replied with a tweet of his own in less than an hour:

"No. Quickscoping is a cheap way to play. We're specifically going to gimp Quickscoping, sorry. Play straight-up!"

Last week Treyarch also announced that Killstreak kills will not count toward Killstreaks, all Killstreaks will include some form of interactivity, Perks will change the way your character looks (so players can easily ID opponents with the Juggernaut's heavy armor, for example), and a diving-to-prone mechanic will all be added to the Black Ops multiplayer.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to ship for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows PCs, and Nintendo Wii on November 9.

Back to top Go down

Quick scopping removed from Black Ops + other little details.... Empty Re: Quick scopping removed from Black Ops + other little details....

Post by Andy Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 18:43

some nice ideas here, looks like it will be better than mw2 online
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Quick scopping removed from Black Ops + other little details.... Empty Re: Quick scopping removed from Black Ops + other little details....

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 19:34

no quick scoping?

how can i shoW my l337 skIlLZZ NOW?
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 19:45

hahaha Owned

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 22:38

apparently there will be no stopping power either so that folks loadouts will vary more.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Plod Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 22:45

FWG JEDI wrote:some nice ideas here, looks like it will be better than mw2 online
Well it couldn't be any worse, just hope the glitchers don't get their furry palms on it!
FWG Plod
FWG Plod
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/k1ngy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Oct 2010 - 23:01

FWG Plod wrote:
FWG JEDI wrote:some nice ideas here, looks like it will be better than mw2 online
Well it couldn't be any worse, just hope the glitchers don't get their furry palms on it!

Unlike MW2 this one has had a Beta test so should have alot less in the way of glitches Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 8:42

I am liking the sound of this even more Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 10:31

It looks like its coming together nicely, but the proof will be in the multiplayer.

I like some of the details coming out - like the players clan will be engraved on their gun - so people will be able to pick mine up to see who they've killed.

Is there any news on the points system for leveling up - will everone be grinding search and destroy? I'm sure some clan sessions will be organised.

And of course i'm sure that Booster justice will make a reappearance
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 10:39

Duke wrote:I like some of the details coming out - like the players clan will be engraved on their gun - so people will be able to pick mine up to see who they've killed.

I thought this was a nifty touch too Smile

I really like the idea of combat training - will be great to team practice etc if numbers are limited.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 10:43

This does sound good, Im pretty excited about getting this now Very Happy
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by feralmatt02 Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 12:15

I'm also looking forward to this. At least it appears like they have recognised the errors and issues from MW2 and (hopefully) done something about it.
Pleased they have scrapped quick scoping!! that used to really piss me off....plus i couldnt do it!
feralmatt02
feralmatt02

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 12:26

Just checking the COD wiki and looks like some great games modes for clan nights - bullet in the chamber sounds like a great laugh
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 14:03

Def Dave, that one screams out for an internal comp Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Plod Fri 29 Oct 2010 - 20:03

N1NJA FWG wrote:Def Dave, that one screams out for an internal comp Smile
Agreed will be good to have that going!
FWG Plod
FWG Plod
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/k1ngy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down