Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epic fans to receive special Gears 3 unlocks

2 posters

Go down

Epic fans to receive special Gears 3 unlocks Empty Epic fans to receive special Gears 3 unlocks

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 21 Dec 2010 - 10:59

Taken from EG (for a change)

Owners of past Epic Games productions will receive "special unlocks" in Gears of War 3, design director Cliff Bleszisnki has said.

There's no word on the kinds of rewards you can expect, but the unlocks will apparently cross publisher lines – so even fans of Midway's Unreal Tournament III can expect recognition in the Microsoft-backed Gears 3.

"Look for special unlocks in Gears 3 for those of you who have played other Epic games such as Shadow Complex, UT3, Gears, and Bulletstorm," Bleszinski tweeted overnight.

Shadow Complex, developed by Epic-owned Chair Entertainment, was one of our games of 2009, while Bulletstorm is due out from Electronic Arts on 22nd February 2011 and is developed by People Can Fly, another Epic-owned studio.

Gears of War 3 is due out next autumn, having been delayed from its original April release target. However, there will be a beta version early next year.

The game had been set to appear at this month's VGAs – where games like Mass Effect 3 were announced – but Microsoft decided not to air it for reasons unknown.

Oh well, we have seen bits and pieces of Gears of War 3 already, and even got to play the likeable Beast mode at E3 and this year's Eurogamer Expo. Beast mode is like Horde but in reverse – you play as Gears' menagerie of monsters and try to take down COG troopers.

Sounds interesting - there were unlockable character models in Gears 2 based on what you had achieved in Gears 1, hoepfully this is the same.

I might look out for a cheap copy of UT3 in the meantime as I have always meant to give it a look after loving UT2004 on PC Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Epic fans to receive special Gears 3 unlocks Empty Re: Epic fans to receive special Gears 3 unlocks

Post by Andy Tue 21 Dec 2010 - 11:57

same here chris, i often see ut cheap and wonder how it plays.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Epic fans to receive special Gears 3 unlocks Empty Re: Epic fans to receive special Gears 3 unlocks

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 21 Dec 2010 - 12:10

It reviewed well Andy but it seemed to get lost - I dont think the 8 month wait to port from PC to 360 helped. It has a lot of of support for solo MP using bots and has apparently very good AI.

I reckon you could easily get it for under a tenner and it will be worth every penny
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Dec 2010 - 13:02

Like Quake its a game of a bygone era...its good but against todays shooters its hard to give it a second look...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down