Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory

4 posters

Go down

Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory Empty Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 8:53

Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory 17565 Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory 17902 Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory 17562

Taken from EG:

BioWare has published a taster of the forthcoming Mass Effect Evolution comic series, which promises to flesh out the backstory of its RPG franchise.

The series' developer posted the first five pages of the Dark Horse Comics-produced tie-in on its official blog, alongside the two different available covers.

Due out on 19th January, the four part series explores the origins of The Illusive Man and "chronicles humanity's first deadly days on the galactic stage."

It's written by Mac Walters – the same scribe responsible for penning the story for Mass Effect 2 and its impending sequel.

All four parts are up for pre-order now at Dark Horse's online store.

I read the comic series that sat between ME1 & 2 and chronicled Liara's attempts to prevent Shepard falling into the Shadow Brokers hands and it was very enjoyable. I wouldnt mind giving these a look as well Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory Empty Re: Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 10:17

Shame its in comic book form but I do like stories that are tied into the games I play.
Was it Mass effect: Redemption that you have read Chris? had a look at it and I will probably get it.

Have aslo read 2 of the 3 ME novels Ascension and revelation which are pretty good. The latest one Retribution is on my list
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory Empty Re: Bioware reveals Mass Effect backstory

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 10:51

Yeah, it was Redemption Steve. Its a bit cheesy in places but a good little tie in between the ME2 prologue and Shepard finding himself with Cerberus.

I keep meaning to pick up the novels as I really fancy reading them.

Am i right in thinking that the Illusive Man is in the Retribution novel? He is such a good character that he needs expanding on
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:12

yes. Looks like the book is more focused on Cerberus as a whole but the story has characters from Ascension not esential but might be good to read that first.

Revelation is all based on the Anderson/Saren story that is touched on in ME1. A nice expansion to a part of the game that IMO didnt tell you enough
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:23

Do you own copies of the first 2 novels Steve?
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:26

yeh, you wanna loan? PM me your addy
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:29

Hmmm, anychance of pinching them of Chris once he's finished with them? Chris where did you get the one you read from?
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 13:55

Errrrrmm, I *found* them on the internet somewhere.....

Steve, that would be great if you dont mind. thanks Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 14:18

you cant read craig Laughing
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 16:38

FWG Unky Al wrote:Hmmm, anychance of pinching them of Chris once he's finished with them?

Yep corse there is. Chris Ill get em out to ya asap and when your done let Craig have a read. Or have one each and then swap. Dont have to read them in any order from what I can remember. Also just incase you fancy It I have a 2 of the 3 GOW novels too (the comics seris is pretty good also, nice and graphic!!). I prefere them to the ME ones. And I got a ton of the Halo novels which are good if you like Halo.
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 16:49

FWG JEDI wrote:you cant read craig Laughing

They're comics so I'll be ok, i'll just look at the pics Smile
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 16:51

My ME ones aint mate. Propper books with just words im afraid
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 16:54

I'm fucked then Smile
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 6 Jan 2011 - 18:15

Cheers Steve, you are a star Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down