Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mobile pc gaming!

3 posters

Go down

mobile pc gaming! Empty mobile pc gaming!

Post by Andy Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 9:28

its coming soon

must say ive been waiting for news of a decent mobile gaming device and this may be it.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

mobile pc gaming! Empty Re: mobile pc gaming!

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 13:27

saw this on endgadget,i dont think its coming soon,its only a concept piece isnt it?

lip smackingly brilliant though,but razr sure like to price stuff highly so i dread to think the price Smile
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 13:35

It looks beautiful. I would like to see how long it can run on battery. If it lauches I wonder if it will attract the hardcore PC gamer but if it doesnt, it may prove too expensive for the casual gamer. I think it will have its work cut out against the 3DS.....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 13:47

have mused about picking up a ds xl at some point - havent actually tried one yet - still have fond memories of my psp days so perhaps i would err towards a psp go.

of course non of this would be in question if xbox had a proper handheld!!!!!
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 14:00

psp go is all download games isnt it? call me old fashioned but i love my disks Smile

for a bit of nostalgia what about this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Megadrive-Handheld-games-built/dp/B003ZJ2R18/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1294495174&sr=1-1
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 14:02

haha, quality.

the removal of the disc drive game a smaller model and better battery life on the psp, as well as less noise.

i am finding with smartphone/zune games that it just isnt the same playing on a touch screen. i much prefer buttons to press/move.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 14:05

thats why i never gamed on my iphone buddy,i need me teh buttons Smile
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 15:01

If your interested in proper mobile gaming check out www.openpandora.org great bit of kit you can buy now

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 15:30

that pandora is awesome tom although 300 quid up front is a bit off putting
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 15:36

MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 16:44

MAVERiCK FWG wrote:that pandora is awesome tom although 300 quid up front is a bit off putting

That's the only reason I've yet to get one but I guess you pay for the quality as it's all hand made...

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 16:54

looks like a good alternative to a desktop but compared to psp graphics that looks inferior, but may be due to it being early days for it.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 16:56

The Pandora will happily run up to and including Dreamcast emulators so from a technical perspective it's capable of running graphics close to the PSP on a standalone game but not with an emulator as they eat RAM

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 17:00

my next phone!

hopefully the best of both worlds here - psp plus x10!
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 8:55

new psp on-route. looking pretty sexy

the future
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 12:51

Does look fantastic and the specs are very impressive. I am interested to see how much Sony charge for ths especially in light of the recent pricing announed for the 3DS.

Reports suggest Sony will be selling at a loss on the unit and look to make it back on the software (as has become the console trend lately) but I still don't see it being cheap.

In what looks like a dual attack on the mobile gaming market, Sony are also going to launch Playstation Suite which will see PS1 games launched for mobile devices alongside new titles - specifically Android.

That part does interest me. I wonder how the PS1 MGS would play.....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat 29 Jan 2011 - 15:03

mgs on the ps1 was the first game that actually blew me away Cyclops

cant quite figure out on all the psp2 blurb what it means by ps3 ports - it shows uncharted but will that be the same as the ps3 version or a dummed down version????
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 13:01

FWG JEDI wrote:mgs on the ps1 was the first game that actually blew me away Cyclops

cant quite figure out on all the psp2 blurb what it means by ps3 ports - it shows uncharted but will that be the same as the ps3 version or a dummed down version????

I saw the reveal show in it's entirety and Uncharted is a whole new game but graphically it's got little to no loss of detail compared to it's PS3 conterpart.

The fact that both MGS 4 and Lost Planet 2 were also shown running on the system and looking identical to the PS3 versions shows just how powerful the beast will be.

Pricing is where I'm a little more sceptical, something this powerful can only be compared to the ipad which costs around £400-£600 but that includes many extra's so I'm betting Sony go for the £299.99 - £349.99 price mark. Games I think will be where the money lies as Sony have produced their own flash based cards for the system....this is bad news as 16gb Sony cards still retail at around £70 despite being 5 odd years old....

The other thing that really interests me is Sony's partnership with Google on the Android system, although not alot was announced it looks like Android apps will be available for the NGP/PSP2 and some NGP/PSP2 game look set to get a release on high end Android phones via a special Sony app...

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 13:28

FWG JEDI wrote:mgs on the ps1 was the first game that actually blew me away Cyclops

MGS & Resident Evil 2 were the games that really hooked me onto the PS1 - it probably looks very dated now but at the time I dont think I had seen an intro sequence quite like the one in MGS and it was the first game that made me feel like I was appearing in my own movie.

RE2 was just a brilliant action game and I would still give it a whirl now if I had a copy despite the clumsy control system

Tom - your price guess wouldnt surprise me but they are going to struggle to shift them in numbers at that price till a drop comes. For all the shiny tech on offer, that cost is way in excess of pretty much every console on the market. The pricing of games is also a crucial factor and they are going to have to get that memory price down somehow because 16gb cards for games are likely to be the norm rather than the exception as the PSP2 probably wont be able to handle installs in the way the PS3 can.

One major hook for a lot of PS3 owners will be the online game saving feature that will allow you to play some games at home and on the move and not be running on separate play throughs.

N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 13:31

killswitchmad wrote:
The other thing that really interests me is Sony's partnership with Google on the Android system, although not alot was announced it looks like Android apps will be available for the NGP/PSP2 and some NGP/PSP2 game look set to get a release on high end Android phones via a special Sony app...

so is that what the psp phone will be aimed at do ya think?
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 2 Feb 2011 - 13:40

FWG JEDI wrote:
killswitchmad wrote:

so is that what the psp phone will be aimed at do ya think?

I would expect so as it's apparently been seen running a heavily modded Android system...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down