Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(IMPORTANT) PS3 owners be aware the 4.45 update is currently bricking consoles

+6
The Selkie
N1NJA FWG
Waylander FWG
HomerRamone2084
slowdog76
Killswitchmad
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(IMPORTANT) PS3 owners be aware the 4.45 update is currently bricking consoles Empty (IMPORTANT) PS3 owners be aware the 4.45 update is currently bricking consoles

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 6:06

Sony has released firmware 4.45 for the PS3 just a few minutes ago. However, there have been numerous reports that it bricks your console.

There have been numerous people on twitter that say their console is frozen after they’ve downloaded the firmware. It’s not just one person, but several people are stuck when they reboot the system. All they see is wavy lines and the console never starts up again. There’s even more evidence of people experiencing problems on the official PlayStation forums.

A Sony representative has responded:

"We warn users not to update your PS3 until a fix is made. Hopefully we can resolve the issue soon"

Will keep you updated on this as it happens.

[UPDATE] Sony has now pulled the update in the US, Be advised that it may still be available here for some time.

Although reports are coming in of this happening to many models it seems that the most affected are those with 500GB HDD's and those that have upgraded their HDD's.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

(IMPORTANT) PS3 owners be aware the 4.45 update is currently bricking consoles Empty Re: (IMPORTANT) PS3 owners be aware the 4.45 update is currently bricking consoles

Post by slowdog76 Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 8:35

see, now, this is one of the reasons why im probably gonna get an XB1.

how many times do we see stuff like this from sony?
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

(IMPORTANT) PS3 owners be aware the 4.45 update is currently bricking consoles Empty Re: (IMPORTANT) PS3 owners be aware the 4.45 update is currently bricking consoles

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 8:45

[UPDATE] The update has now been pulled completely so you should not recieve it....

A bit late for the people that posted on the 76 page long thread over at the PS forums Silent
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:24

Mr dog you do talk shite at times. Theres been just as many reports of this happening with xbox - and you know this is true.

Oh.. and for anyone thats interested its when you have a HDD >+ 500gb
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:28

i havent heard of updates bricking xbox's. seriously, i havent. if that has been the case, then i take it back, absolutely. but really, i havent heard it

edit: i went googling. it was showing something from an update a couple years ago causing disc read errors. i do remember that actually. beg your pardon. Rolling Eyes
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:32

Razz

There was a few reports of 360 updates a couple of years back giving the RROD.. (which I always thought was bollocks anyway)
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:44

Neither M$ or Sony are whiter than white.

I just read about this on EG, I am still using the standard 320gb so hopefully I will be ok, although I haven't played any games for the last few days (I'm sure the kids have had DVD's on though!)
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:58

Waylander FWG wrote:Neither M$ or Sony are whiter than white.

I just read about this on EG, I am still using the standard 320gb so hopefully I will be ok, although I haven't played any games for the last few days (I'm sure the kids have had DVD's on though!)

The update has been pulled completely mate so you wont have received it yet as it was only released this morning
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 9:59

I think a recent Nintendo firmware update for the 3DS has been causing issues so they are all capable of creating their own probs Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 10:58

Killswitchmad wrote:

The update has been pulled completely mate so you wont have received it yet as it was only released this morning

Don't PS+ users get the updates downloaded automatically now though? I know patches get downloaded even when you aren't using your machine.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 11:02

Waylander FWG wrote:
Killswitchmad wrote:

Don't PS+ users get the updates downloaded automatically now though? I know patches get downloaded even when you aren't using your machine.

I didn't know that mate, you may have it then...so dies it update even when your machine is off?
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 12:10

Yes mate, same with the Vita, if you are a PS+ subscriber, and your machines are left on standby, they can be set to connect to the server when you are not using them, to obtain patches, synchronise trophies, etc.

I regularly get messages on my PS3 to say that things have been updated, whether it is trophy info, patches downloaded or game saves saved in the Cloud.

I'm not sure if this works on system updates though, will check it out later today.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 12:27

youve never gotten downloads automatically as far as I know. and its a firmware update so it wont sign you into psn until you get it - but it wont force it.
*SAFE* Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 13:22

just read a forum where someone posted up a topic where they genuinely believed that MS were responsible for this

Detective
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 13:49

HomerRamone2084 wrote:youve never gotten downloads automatically as far as I know. and its a firmware update so it wont sign you into psn until you get it - but it wont force it.
*SAFE* Smile

Patches for game definitely download automatically mate, its one of the features of PS+..

http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/?tab=psplusfeatures

I will check it out shortly and report back Smile

Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 15:25

Apparently it doesn't brick your console, it's actually reversible. And only some consoles were affected. Still, bad timing for Sony but I can't see it making much of a dent in their lead. It'll perhaps convince some X1 buyers they've made the right choice, but it won't be swaying too many undecided.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 18:38

There wasn't any update when I booted up my PS3 earlier
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 18:50

can you get on the PSN - wont connect for me
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 19:20

Yeah with plus you have -i thought you meant normally. (Mines set to update @ 4am)

It will get patches for any game youve played since it was introduced (or got plus - I forget which).

But patches are not applied until you start a game - or in the case of firmware ones when you sign in - and if you need a patch to sign in it wont sign in IYSWIM.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 19:22

Apparently it doesn't brick your console, it's actually reversible. And only some consoles were affected. Still, bad timing for Sony but I can't see it making much of a dent in their lead. It'll perhaps convince some X1 buyers they've made the right choice, but it won't be swaying too many undecided.

its a sort of 'safe' mode. It was consoles with 500 GB drives and greater.

Just think +ve folks.. if this was XBL that was offline and you had a boner... no games for you Very Happy
(And before anyone suggests that never happens... BOLLOCKS its doesnt )
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 19:42

HomerRamone2084 wrote:Just think +ve folks.. if this was XBL that was offline and you had a boner... no games for you Very Happy
How often has that ever happened? And when has it ever happened for more than 24 hours?
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Wed 19 Jun 2013 - 19:49

The Selkie wrote:
HomerRamone2084 wrote:Just think +ve folks.. if this was XBL that was offline and you had a boner... no games for you Very Happy
How often has that ever happened? And when has it ever happened for more than 24 hours?

Might not happen because of updates much but we have had a letter from BT which says we could have no phone/internet for between 1-3 days next month due to maintenence on the exchange. Just saying there are reasons you could be gameless.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 19:24

The Selkie wrote:

You fuckin jinx'd it!! lives down tonight!! well is for me anyway?

Last edited by Dongziller on Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 19:25; edited 1 time in total
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 19:25

and me............... i recon Sony hacked it lol
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Thu 20 Jun 2013 - 19:26

does seem odd both going down within 24 hours of each other Suspect
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next