Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Septembers Games for Gold announced, get ready to 'MEH'

+5
FWG Unky Al
Reaper FWG
Toasted Cylon
Dongziller
Killswitchmad
9 posters

Go down

Septembers Games for Gold announced, get ready to 'MEH' Empty Septembers Games for Gold announced, get ready to 'MEH'

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 22:39

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in September will be Magic 2013 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas.

Starting Sunday (September 1st)  Magic 2013 (Normally US $9.99) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through September 15th .

Then on September 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download  Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas (Normally US $19.99) for free. Note: South Africa Xbox Live members will receive Shadowrun instead of RSV.

As a reminder, the “Games With Gold” program gives Xbox LIVE Gold Members 2 free games to keep each month. A new title will be available the 1st and 16th of each month.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Septembers Games for Gold announced, get ready to 'MEH' Empty Re: Septembers Games for Gold announced, get ready to 'MEH'

Post by Dongziller Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 23:27

boo! they should have given every one shadowrun so i could play it again
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Septembers Games for Gold announced, get ready to 'MEH' Empty Re: Septembers Games for Gold announced, get ready to 'MEH'

Post by Toasted Cylon Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 8:54

I think Shadowrun would have been a better choice than either Magic or Vegas. It had it's faults but it was a fun game to play with a group of friends.
An underrated game that maybe should have a chance at a second wind.
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 12:40

tree of life rules
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 13:08

I'll be grabbing MTG Smile
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 13:49

me too mate
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 15:22

you can get shadowrun for 99p + postage on fleabay. or £5 with free postage.

And everyone should get it asap - cos its kinda fun. better than that cod bollocks Smile

Think ze germans got shadowrun month (shakes fist)
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 31 Aug 2013 - 15:23

Hmm, won't bother with either of these.  Is Shadowrun really worth a punt then?  Never played it but it seems like a bit of a cult classic....

no mate its not, well unless there are about 10 of us with it.

back in the day it was mint. I picked up a copy about a tear back and there was no one playing.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 3:48

I thought they shut down the shadowrun servers ?

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 9:15

IIRC, the game wasn't server based but P2P which means there's no servers to shut down - unless I'm talking bollocks & somebody can correct me.

Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 10:45

was working last time I tried it - which was a while ago like but it would be a bit cheeky giving it to German users if the online didnt work - you just wouldn't play offline - not even sure you can.

R6 Terrorist hand was cracking fun. They might have at least given away 2 though - which had some rather essential refinements to THunt mode. (vega 6 2 is also available for around 99p on the aforementioned bay of fleas. Its good that they are dishing out these - shall we say "bonus" games for gold users - but FFS - a 7 year old game ?
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 12:14

I've already got Magic 2013 and it's great. I would reccomend it to anyone wanting to give a competitive card game a go. It's quite complicated but I already knew most of the rules from when I played the real thing as a spotty teen.

R6V I'll have a go at, I never played it as was PC only back in those days laughing at how the console tards actually thought Tom Clancy games were any good! (We were all Counter Strike and Battlefield 2 at the same time). Everyone raves about it so hopefully it's still fun but I can't help but feel it will show it's age.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 15:58

R6 single player is ok - or at least it was at the time not sure how well its aged. But its worth it for the THunt anyway. Kinda like horde but not in waves - theres just a finite number of enemies. And you cant be doing the old guns blazing thing either or you will die pretty much right away. Once your dead your dead until the round is over or everyone else is dead - it can take 20-30 mins depending on the level and enemy density so thats not a nice thing ! (They change it in 2 so you had 3 lives - which made it more bearable but not totally detracting from having to pay attention)
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 17:56

R6V will look and feel very dated now to be honest - was an absolute classic when it came out but that was a loooooooooooong time ago
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 18:16

Dongziller wrote:R6V will look and feel very dated now to be honest - was an absolute classic when it came out but that was a loooooooooooong time ago
This. I have R6V2 and played it a while ago and it is really starting to age now in look and the control scheme. Its still fun and Terrorist Hunt is still a cracking mode but if you havent played it before then set your expectations accordingly!
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down