Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny - Past level 20 explained

+14
Pagey
ROBAFET
Reaper FWG
N1NJA FWG
FWG Unky Al
Butterbean FWG
HomerRamone2084
Daz190uk
Dongziller
Pais
Toasted Cylon
jollygreenmofo
totalgizmo
slowdog76
18 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Destiny - Past level 20 explained - Page 5 Empty Re: Destiny - Past level 20 explained

Post by Daz190uk Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 9:24

Sounds like a plan Mr Dog - I shall be on tonight

Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Destiny - Past level 20 explained - Page 5 Empty Re: Destiny - Past level 20 explained

Post by totalgizmo Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 9:43

Its differcult solo as those couple of deaths return you to the previous check point which could be 10 minutes work to get back to where you died, coop would be much easier.

I'm starting to find it a grind again, the daily, weekly events are fine but its still nothing new. I've lost count how many times I've done the Earth strike and Moon strike. It needs new content and I don't mean paid for DLC. I can't progress my Yellow weapon bounty as I now have to give the weekend vendor a voucher to get the next stage.

Once we do the raid, which is the only thing we've not done what next? Pay for new content? I hope there is free content soon otherwise people will drift off to new games making coop even harder to get together. At the moment there is little else to play but come Christmas there will be some choice.

Unless they keep the people playing now its not going to last 10mths let alone 10 years
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 10:29

totalgizmo wrote:
shit, I gotta goto the shop, my rubberband just broke.  Smile
At least is wasnt yer banjo string snapped  Laughing

slowdog76 wrote:nothing is "locked away". in fact, todays update has made levelling a good amount easier

I bet theres a significant percentage of people who dont play them because they get stuck at level 20 or dont want to spend XX hours grinding just to play a couple of levels (or dont have the option of elastic bands).
Locked away I say.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 15:26

Its not locked off though you just need to put the work/time/elestic bands in. You could say the last level of any game is locked off if you're not will to put the time in to get to that last level. You can enter the raid at lower levels than 26 but you're not going to get very far.

I like the idea of levelling up and finding better gear to complete that next challenge but Bungie, FFS give us some variety, the same story missions after story missions and repeated strikes isn't enough. Oh wait theres a new daily challenge, kill X boss on Y level......fuck me I've done that like 50 times already.

I'm home from work now and this is the first day I've not put Destiny on before saying "hello" to the misses Smile . I just know before looking it will be another repeated story mission with XYZ modifier.

Great game, just far too little varied content. I can grind and rubberband with the best of them but not the same half dozen missions.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 16:31

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 17:38

in fairness giz, you should always say hello to the missus before playing destiny
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 18:01

slowdog76 wrote:in fairness giz, you should always say hello to the missus before playing destiny

I usually do, as its loading Wink
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 20:05

totalgizmo wrote:Its not locked off though you just need to put the work/time/elestic bands in. You could say the last level of any game is locked off if you're not will to put the time in to get to that last level. You can enter the raid at lower levels than 26 but you're not going to get very far.

I like the idea of levelling up and finding better gear to complete that next challenge but Bungie, FFS give us some variety, the same story missions after story missions and repeated strikes isn't enough. Oh wait theres a new daily challenge, kill X boss on Y level......fuck me I've done that like 50 times already.

I'm home from work now and this is the first day I've not put Destiny on before saying "hello" to the misses Smile . I just know before looking it will be another repeated story mission with XYZ modifier.

Great game, just far too little varied content. I can grind and rubberband with the best of them but not the same half dozen missions.

I take your point Gizzo but, in fairness, no developer is ever going to keep with the amount of hours you've put in!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 23:37

Maybe not but take your own experiance, how many times did you run the same strike tonight for a single bounty? How many hours have you done 20/30? You've seen everything there is to see so everything you do from here on in is just a repeat (bar the raid).

My unique weapon bounty (stage 2) was complete 25 strike missions, I mixed it up by doing the strike playlist but when there's only 6 to choose from, and of those 6 the same 2 or 3 keep coming up on rotation.... Then I picked up the kill 3 spider tanks bounty, so you either run the earth strike mission again 3 more times or play the lottery of the public event occuring.

Like I said it's a great game, gun play is one of the best, the music is again brilliant, on some of the story missions the music is infact awesome, visuals are even OK. I just feel once we've done the raid what else? OK you can add that to the half dozen things we can redo over and over. Are new raids going to be free? Or part of a paid for DLC? Destiny needs another plant or two with strike missions, plus another raid or two but thats not going to be free thats for sure Evil or Very Mad .

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 6:49

For me personally, most of the strikes I've only done once. I've yet to complete anything on heroic, even a story mission and that seems like a very different experience because of the difficulty.

I also like crucible so at the moment I still log on and have loads I want to do.

I did rinse that Earth strike for the bounties but that's more because I'm rushing to get some legendarily so I can raid.

But, like I say, you've got a lot of hours played on me yet!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 7:31

Thats my argument heroic is just the same half dozen missions only harder whether story or strike, they all get repetitive.  Im at the point where they are just merging into one mission. Once you've grinded your legendary gear to be able to beat that heroic level its no longer hard, just the same thing. We only struggle now as some are under levelled, enemies scale up but your level doesn't. Its not the differculty or the grinding I'm disliking its the variety, grinding the same missions to complete exactly the same missions on hard isn't great variety in content.

I just counted the number of missions.
19 Story
5 Strike
1 Raid
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 10:07

I did a couple of heroics last night.. Pretty much the same you just use more bullets Smile

(Unsurpisingly)
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 11:44

Hit level 20 last night, not really sure how the levelling up works now?! I know its to do with gear and light but that's about it
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 12:06

dong, your level increases with armour drops, your armour will start to have light associated with it the more light the more rank

as for the game 90 hours in i still just play 4 -6 hours at a time. i recon the queens bounty will have a lot of ppl level capped by the end, me and slowdog will be probably. so then the level cap needs increasing and i agree 2 new planets are needed but they will be DLC,

but isnt that expected as part of this console generation you get little for free, everyone loves the game they are supporting the game an awfull lot and by the time most are bored there will be dlc.

the dlc needs to be significant though not 1 strike, 1 raid and 1 new mission.... like Mercury, neptune, or jupitor sized.

ps this game is fucking awesome its even kept me off Fifa 15 haha
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 14:05

Reaper FWG wrote:ps this game is fucking awesome its even kept me off Fifa 15 haha

Shocked

I am loving it and fortunately its not got to the point where it feels tedious or too grindy yet but if the DLC season pass adds new planets then i will be all over it.

Enjoyed last nights run through the daily with Homer and Mav.

I know I am enjoying something a lot when I am trying to find ways to play it even when I am away from home and I will be trying to get Vita remote play on the go the next couple of days Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:01

I agree with everything you say, it is a brilliant game but the fact they've given us the bare minimum of content and then expect us to put our hands in our pockets for content that should have already been there is rather shit, and most likely the way things will be going more and more.

Bungie/Activision Boardroom conversation, "Right, we have this great game but we want to take these mugs for everything they've got. We'll sell them half a game to start with and then let them buy the rest at a later date in the disguise of bonus content DLC, kerr-ching".

Reaper wrote:they are supporting the game an awfull lot

If supporting the game you mean allowing us to play the same missions with modifiers yes they are, cheers Bungie.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:03

HomerRamone2084 wrote:I did a couple of heroics last night.. Pretty much the same you just use more bullets Smile

(Unsurpisingly)

"Pretty much the same", that's because it is the same. Very Happy
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 0:27

So they've nerfed the farming spots so they no longer work. The queens legendary rewards no longer break down to give ascendant shards, which makes doing her "story missions" a total waste of time if you already have legendary armour. Auto rifles and shotguns are to have thier range reduced and the pulse rifles range increased. If you have an unique weapon and feel it's a bit shit don't break it down just yet they are going to be improved in a future update.
Good news is the Cryptarch will decrypt purples as purples at a higher rate and engram drop rate will be increased for completing missions, not yet though this is also in a future update.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 0:49

Think its time you broke the news that we swopped user names Mr Giz Wink
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 7:55

Also, those of us who use the Scout Rifle should be getting a bit of an "oomph" upgrade.
So it's not all bad. Smile
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 8:04

Toasted Cylon wrote:Also, those of us who use the Scout Rifle should be getting a bit of an "oomph" upgrade.
So it's not all bad. Smile

Yes you're right I meant Scout not Pulse above. Smile

The weekend vendor is present later this morning so I can then continue with my unique pulse rifle bounty Cheers next part I'm not looking forward to though. 30,000 kill score in crucible, 100 points a kill, -50 for a death, mmmm might take awhile with a negative K/D, better get my tent ready for some weekend camping Smile
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 12:31

Not sure if this is posted already.. but it made me smile.. Smile

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 14:42

Haha v true, loot drops are ridiculously rare and the amount of different currencies is laughable, great game but has issues.I'm at a point now where i can grind to level up but cant really be arsed to if I'm honest
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 17:49

LOL, that was funny Laughing

Xur is a twat, you know all that rare currency that you spent hours collecting "Motes of Light" mmmm, I bought an engram from the twat today, decrypted it, awesome helmet, great stats, looked fucking brilliant with 3 lights on the front, BUT ITS FOR A FUCKING HUNTER AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 9:59

Someone was telling me yesterday they are going to change it so that if ye find a thing - be it purple or bloo then it will be at least that colour when you decrypt it.. And for the class you are using at that point.
I also get the impression that what it really is gets chosen when you get the drop - so this is not going to fix any you find tween now and then and so theres no point in hoarding em.

I see no reason why they cant fix this as quickly as the seem to with the 'loot caves' but I bet they dont Smile

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 10:11

They seemed to have screwed with the bounties too. If you have a fireteam of 3 all with the same bounty (friends or randomers it doesn't matter), only one member of the team now gets progress to that bounty. Not all bounties seem to be affected but the kill the Spider Tank (Devil Walker) one definatly is. Fireteam of 3 used to be able to get that bounty done in 3 runs of the Earth Strike mission, that exact same team have to do it 9 times now for each member to get the bounty reward, a grindfest just got grindier.

If you have the coin go and buy the Auto rifle from Xur it's a MP animal, MP is now enjoyable as my gun now kills people instead of them just running through my Nerf gun bullets.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next