Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny - Past level 20 explained

+14
Pagey
ROBAFET
Reaper FWG
N1NJA FWG
FWG Unky Al
Butterbean FWG
HomerRamone2084
Daz190uk
Dongziller
Pais
Toasted Cylon
jollygreenmofo
totalgizmo
slowdog76
18 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Destiny - Past level 20 explained - Page 4 Empty Re: Destiny - Past level 20 explained

Post by Waylander FWG Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 10:59

totalgizmo wrote:https://www.bungie.net/ sign in, click legend on the left had side and check your sadness level Shocked I need to get out more, coming close to 70 hours played Embarassed .

I have done a shade over 8 hours Laughing

Not much compared to you giz

My titan is about half way through level 14 atm and I have just unlocked Venus in the SP.

Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Destiny - Past level 20 explained - Page 4 Empty Re: Destiny - Past level 20 explained

Post by totalgizmo Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 13:44

I've seen it a couple of times now while farming spawn points but occasionally, and I don't know what triggers it if its random or timed but all out war occurs, you get a notification on the left hand side of the screen and it says something like "enemies are attacking each other" and from every spawn point in the area you get a continuous stream of mobs, they'll spawn as fast as you kill them. They spawn so quickly if there's a couple of you using your Supers the light orbs that drop are so numerous your Supers are recharged almost instantly for about 3 or 4 minutes it's total mayhem. The Earth farming spot has the best "all out war" I've seen but I've witnessed it on Venus too but the mobs are harder to kill quickly so the effect isn't as good. I should have recorded it as I was involved in two last night, I did record the opening of all the blue engrams I collected from it though, which all turned out green or blue Mad .

Don't know if this link will work

Opening engrams to be rewarded with crappy gear

I watched a bit more of the Vault of Glass video and stage 3 looks solid.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 17:44

Here's one of the Earth farming spots, a public event happens at the same spot occasionally plus its where the all out war can erupt.

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 19:21

Gonna have to give that one a try. Good tip by the poster on remote play. I can sit and spam away on my vita without being an ignorant git Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 19:26

I have done 7 hours and 43 minutes in game time. Thats a lot for me Shocked
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 19:32

14 seconds short of 15 hours for me Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 7:25

75 hours for me Surprised
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 7:36

19h 30m 51s.

Slowie I think you need to get out more Smile
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 7:44

Update today nerfs some of the missions by removing high level enemies at certain points, might not just be to make it easier but it could a way of curbing the glimmer farmers.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 8:54

the old rubber band trick isnt working mister giz. i tried this morning and went and stood round the corner from the cave. after 15 20 mins it sent me back to orbit for inactivity. even when i tried doing the odd couple button presses now and then. nothing sent back to postie either
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:14

Oh noes - you mean your actually gonna have to.. play it .. heavens above. Thats just shocking. I would trade it and boycott them ASAP Razz
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:32

The only time I've been put back in orbit has been if I've died. I did it yesterday evening while I had my dinner. How can they tell if its the rubberband trick or you just sat there holding the stick. You've paid your money so you can play the game how you like, if that means spinning around on the spot for hours. If the return to orbit is triggered by lack of movement rubberband both sticks and go in the room to the left of the cave, walk in a circle. I did it just stood with all the others farming, there we a few inactive characters there spinning. What about the charge'n'play cable will that work? The rubberband trick works on borderlands too, its not a new trick.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:33

We are playing it Homer just real life gets in the way , like eatting and sleeping Smile
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 12:51

>the old rubber band trick isnt working mister giz.
Thats not playing a game in Homers world.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 13:34

for once i agree with Homer...

Shame on you Noobs
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:18

Reaper FWG wrote:for once i agree with Homer...

Shame on you Noobs

Rock!

shit, I gotta goto the shop, my rubberband just broke. Smile

Watched more of that Vault of Glass, spoilers ahead, the later levels are genius, all the team have to get through a cave system without being spotted by numerous harpy things, route and timing have to be well coordinated, instant death for all if anyone is seen, theres zero gun fire on this level, its all stealth.
The level after that I thought was very clever, 6 man team clear a cavern, the cavern has 2 portals, portal one has to be activated and then 2 members enter the portal and are transported to another area where they have to collect a shield, meanwhile the 4 remaining members are fighting off hoards protecting the portal. Once the two man team return with the shield the second portal can be activated. I've not watched beyond this point but the portal thing is brilliant.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 18:30

Seems rather a shame they have locked these levels away and are only likely to get played by either the unemployed the obsessive or the rubber band brigade.

Infact for rather a shame read 'utter cock'

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 18:52

HomerRamone2084 wrote:Seems rather a shame they have locked these levels away and are only likely to get played by either the unemployed the obsessive or the rubber band brigade.
Over the life of MMO's new, harder content (and subsequently better gear) tends to be made available, making it easier to complete the previous stuff. So the best gear now will be replaced by more and more better gear, and in doing so it'll become easier to get.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 19:48

nothing is "locked away". in fact, todays update has made levelling a good amount easier
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 20:36

Not locked away maybe but not everyone has the required no. of friends required to play through a raid and with Bungie not allowing pickups with randoms (for good reasons) it at least restricts the content available to some of the player base.

Getting levelled to play them is gonna take me a while but I can wait until I have the kit available and by then, most people I game with will be in a similar position in which to tackle raids etc Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 23:14

The friends issue is moot - if you want to do challenging content you need a co-ordinated group. If you've got the friends great but if not you need to find that group. Luckily we have the Internet to enable is to do that - not too dissimilar from how we all ended up here!

It all takes time. I've got 18 hours played and I'm nearly level 23. You won't be the first to do anything at my pace but I'll be ready for that raid soonish all the same.

Reading back around raid leaders, in my view we're going to have to have set nights for the group and agree to play to a pace - perhaps two longish evenings per week. We won't beat it on normal week 1 but we'll get there bit by bit, learning each encounter and getting quicker to give us more time to have a crack at the next boss the following week.

I think you're knowledge will be invaluable Giz!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 23:47

got my first legendary weapon tonight Cheers leveling up bit by bit hoping to reach level 20 this week and then hoping to tag along on a raiding party with you fine chaps and chapettes if possible l33t 5k1llz
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 0:10

If you do the queens bounties you're rewarded with a legendary item but you need to be a reasonable level to tackle the story mission part, think it was level 24 with Epic modifier, at level 26 I solo'd it but took what felt like forever.

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 0:14

Anger Issues - Minions of The Darkness display heightened aggression.
Angry - Minions of the Darkness won't flinch, even after massive damage.
Arc Burn - Arc Damage from any source is greatly increased.
Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
Heroic - Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage.
Nightfall - If all players die, you will be returned to orbit.
Solar Burn -Solar Damage from any source is greatly increased.
Void Burn - Void Damage from any source is greatly increased.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 8:39

myself and jamie rattled through a couple with little problems yesterday. a couple deaths, not many. sticking someone in with a couple of higher levelled should ensure that they are getting levelled nice and quick. they are story missions, not strikes, so they aren't going to be too bad. this could lead to folks getting from 20 to 26 far quicker than those of us that are already there did.

it also means you can save your assorted marks and not spend them on gear and instead spend them on a legendary weapon. 150 iirc. full legendary and a legend primary should be enough to get us all raiding.
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 24 Sep 2014 - 9:24

Sounds like a plan Mr Dog - I shall be on tonight
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next