Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XBOX One backward compatibility

+5
The Selkie
HomerRamone2084
Pais
N1NJA FWG
totalgizmo
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

XBOX One backward compatibility  Empty XBOX One backward compatibility

Post by totalgizmo Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 7:52

Link

Not all games as yet but the list is to grow very quickly. Quote "All developers need to do is approve the game's backwards compatibility - no extra development is needed."

A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved
Hexic HD
Jetpac Refuelled
Kameo
Mass Effect
N+
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Small Arms
Super Meat Boy
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: TIP
Zuma
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

XBOX One backward compatibility  Empty Re: XBOX One backward compatibility

Post by totalgizmo Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 8:31

360 multiplayer to work on XB1 .

The backward compatibiliy announcement will probably see a huge increase in XB1 sales. How many people have been holding off as they have a 360 backlist? This feature should have been there from day one, I can't believe they've only now found it was possible, they knew from as early as XB1 development.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 10:14

Good move, maybe could have been there earlier but still, its a great incentive for anyone wanting to switch up from 360 to XB1
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 17:54

A good move it may be,but why rerelease all the Halo's and Gears games when you can play the originals? Oh yeah,money.

I know you get better graphics with the rerelease but I'd be feeling pretty pissed if I bought them all again.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:16

I sold all my 360 games when I bought the XB1, sold it all as a job lot. I won't be rebuying any 360 games but will play all the ones I got free with Games With Gold now I have a means of playing them. Smile
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:17

And because theres nothing to say they will appear. Apparently devs/publishers dont need to actually add anything, but they do need to approve titles for appearing in the list.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:50

HomerRamone2084 wrote:but they do need to approve titles for appearing in the list.

I can only imagine that they won't give approval if they have a spruced up re-release on the horizon!
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 20:12

I don't intend to do away with my 360 any time soon, so I can't see myself bothering to install 360 games to the X1 just to play them there, but I've got 20ish full digital 360 games (plus another 20ish arcade games) that it'd be nice to still have convenient access to.

Have you next-genners still been "buying" the free with gold games for the 360?
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 20:41

The Selkie wrote:Have you next-genners still been "buying" the free with gold games for the 360?

Yep, and PS3/Vita games on PSN+, probably never buy a Vita but I have the games Smile
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBAFET Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:20

Glad it's been sorted, but should you really have to download every game you already have, I have a decent net connection (Finally), but loads of folks don't have fast connections, plus they use hd space up when you have the disc there in your house. Seems a bit odd to me. I'm still on the fence about next gen, the platform specific games will win the war once there are a few more to sway me.
ROBAFET
ROBAFET
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 5:59

ROBAFET wrote:should you really have to download every game you already have
As far as I can tell it's because the X1 doesn't/can't play 360 discs, instead it just uses the disc to verify that you own the game then downloads the digital version. Certainly not ideal if you're trying to move over your entire disc-based library, but in fairness 360 games are almost always less than 10GB, seeming to average around 6-8GB. I've got 20 full games and 20 arcade games saved at the minute and it's only taking up 130GBish, realistically I could probably fit the digital versions of all of my disc-based games onto the same 500GB drive.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 7:42

Selkie wrote:realistically I could probably fit the digital versions of all of my disc-based games onto the same 500GB drive.

Not once you start installing xb1 games, 500gb gets eaten up rather quickly. Every new game I get I have to uninstall one to install another, currently have 7 installed with no room for another full game. Installing also takes an age so don't expect to have a quick 5 minutes on X game if its not installed, it can take 30, 40 or longer to install even if you have the disk. MS are aware of the painfully slow installs and were supposed to be patching it. The play while installing feature is a non starter, it doesn't work, everytime I've tried it either hangs needing content not installed or crashs back to dashboard.

When you upgrade get the 1tb version or be prepared to buy an external hdd. In comparison the PS4 installs disk based games in minutes.

I thought it might have been my xb1 hdd being a bit slow but my daughters 1tb xb1 is just as slow at installing.

I nice feature is that your digital 360 games just appear in your available for download library (once they've been ok'd for backward compatibility). So you don't have to search/remember what you've previously bought.

Last edited by totalgizmo on Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 8:01; edited 1 time in total
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 7:58

totalgizmo wrote:
The Selkie wrote:Have you next-genners still been "buying" the free with gold games for the 360?

Yep, and PS3/Vita games on PSN+, probably never buy a Vita but I have the games Smile
Could always get yourself a Playstation TV. Only £40 these days and they play most vita games. (And let you play piss4 in another room)

I bought a cheap 1TB USB drive and plugged that in. Still < 0.5Gb left though I think.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 8:03

HomerRamone2084 wrote:
totalgizmo wrote:

Could always get yourself a Playstation TV. Only £40 these days and they play most vita games. (And let you play piss4 in another room)

I bought a cheap 1TB USB drive and plugged that in. Still < 0.5Gb left though I think.

How much was "cheap"? I begrudge spending money on game storage Smile .
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 8:29

I have to say, 500GB has not been a problem for me and I haven't got an external HDD plugged in. It just depends how you game. I've got about 12 games installed (half are probably smaller download titles though) and am at about 65% capacity which is roughly where I always am.

I don't hang on to sing player games after finishing them so I naturally delete and then start the next one - did this on 360 too. There's then FIFA, BF4, Titanfall, Project Cars and now ESO which are permanently installed.

If mine broke, I would get another 500GB console of if they were cheaper as I just don't think I need he extra space.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 10:26

The only single player game I have installed is The Witcher. The games I have installed are BF4, GTAV etc, games I might want to just have a session on, if I uninstalled them they'd take far too long to reinstall just for a session. I uninstalled Hardline to install ESO as I've still not played it. I've have access to Destiny and the season pass but got no room.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 11:45

Great news for me still got all my 360 discs. I've slapped in a 5tb external HDD, it'll be a while before I have to uninstall anything again
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 18:43

totalgizmo wrote:Not once you start installing xb1 games, 500gb gets eaten up rather quickly.
Yep, but my reply was aimed at Roba's annoyance over having to install all 360 games - a single, cheap 500GB external hard drive will sort it out. I had considered getting the 1TB version, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it - right now it's an extra £60 for a 1TB at Game. I might as well just spend that £60 on a 2TB external hard drive instead (or paying another £20-30 for a drive that'll solve my memory issues long term) - I'm going to end up needing an external drive anyway, a 1TB X1 would just mean that I'd have to move things around less often.

Dongziller wrote:Great news for me still got all my 360 discs. I've slapped in a 5tb external HDD, it'll be a while before I have to uninstall anything again

How does the console handle playing games from an external HDD? I was pleasantly surprised at how well the 360 manages to play games from my rather cheap drive but I was a bit concerned that the much larger games on the X1 might pose more of a problem.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Wed 17 Jun 2015 - 23:56

seems fine selks - smooth as butter Cheers
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 10:23

Dongziller wrote:seems fine selks - smooth as butter Cheers

Good to hear, Dong. On another note - for anyone who's tried out the backwards compatibility, how do the games compare to their 360 counterparts? I'm thinking specifically about games like Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim where there 360's performance was a limiting factor - will the difficulty of emulation outweigh the X1's increased power or will they run better than on the 360?

It'd be nice to see EA take advantage of backwards compatibility - they've got a big back catalogue of 360 games that they could drip out. In particular they could add a classic 360 game per month to EA access to counter balance the extended periods between adding their new X1 titles.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 12:36

They dont all work Mr Selks - see Giz list - its the first post.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 12:39

Yeah, I know they're not working atm, but I'm assuming that there'll be plans to make them backwards compatible somewhere down the line (Fallout 3 has already been confirmed). It'll be interesting to see how the X1 handles the games that were more taxing on the 360 - all of the games available to preview members seem to be pretty old, less taxing titles.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 16:29

But.. Keflings is there.. and viva pinata Wink
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 18 Jun 2015 - 16:36

It appears to work very well, daughter has been playing Viva Pinata and it's no different to playing on 360 apart from you do get the XB1 extras, take a snapshot, record a clip etc. Only time will tell with the more taxing games.

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 16:39

Here's an interesting read about XB1's backward compatability Selkie.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next