Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo: Combat Evolved remake due this Nov?

4 posters

Go down

Halo: Combat Evolved remake due this Nov? Empty Halo: Combat Evolved remake due this Nov?

Post by Guest Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 14:45

Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.

I would usually say bollocks to this but as Joystiq are one of the more respected news sites this could well be happening Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Halo: Combat Evolved remake due this Nov? Empty Re: Halo: Combat Evolved remake due this Nov?

Post by Guichew Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 14:54

Great way to break in the new studio - I like their thinking!
Guichew
Guichew
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Halo: Combat Evolved remake due this Nov? Empty Re: Halo: Combat Evolved remake due this Nov?

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 15:29

I can see this happening more and more. On PS3, I beleive there are HD remakes in the pipeline for the older Splinter Cell games and I have heard rumour that the earlier MGS games might be getting a HD overhaul too. Add that to the Tomb Raider series being given this treatment, its not going to take too many publishers long to realise they are potentially sitting on a goldmine of older titles that people will be willing to stump up for again if they can be played in HD.

As long as games like this see a 1600 points or less release via XBLA, I might be tempted because I never had the original xbox so didnt play Halo through.

Now, can we have a HD remake of San Andreas - pretty please with sugar on top Wink
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 17:39

never played it but if cheap enough i might give it a try.

and talking of remakes can we have a full HD version of Road Rash.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 19:30

Pais wrote:and talking of remakes can we have a full HD version of Road Rash.

I Agree although I would take a straight emulation of RR2 if it could handle multiplayer Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Fri 4 Feb 2011 - 20:17

never played the first halo so ill be keen to give this a go. not only will it be in HD there will surely be the added bonus of achievements this time round. will be interesting to see if its released on disk or as an xbla title
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down