Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M$ responds to Halo 1 HD Remake rumour

+2
Andy
N1NJA FWG
6 posters

Go down

M$ responds to Halo 1 HD Remake rumour Empty M$ responds to Halo 1 HD Remake rumour

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 12:55

Taken from eurogamer:

Microsoft has responded to the exciting rumour that it is set to release a high definition remake of Xbox classic Halo: Combat Evolved with a statement that will do nothing to quell current speculation.

"Right now our focus is on supporting Halo: Reach," a Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer this morning. "We have nothing to announce at this time."

Yesterday Games Master magazine cited "industry chatter" as suggesting the Halo remake is being built using the Reach engine at internal studio 343 Industries.

The game will release ahead of the late 2012 launch of a full Halo 3 sequel – presumably Halo 4, speculated the magazine.

The Halo 1 remake, then, could release on the original game's tenth anniversary in November 2011.

While this latest rumour contradicts public comments made by high-ranking Microsoft executive Phil Spencer, UK Xbox boss Stephen McGill added fuel to the Halo remake fire last month when he told Eurogamer, "I imagine it's a good idea. I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too."

Watch this space, Halo fans.

Thoughts? Personally, it would have to be spectacularly good for me to buy.

If this becomes a reality though and other developers sense an opportunity to cash in on old title, what would you like to see remade?

I would love to see a remake of San Andreas using the GTA4 engine...
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

M$ responds to Halo 1 HD Remake rumour Empty Re: M$ responds to Halo 1 HD Remake rumour

Post by Andy Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 13:20

personally found every halo game the same as the others. doubt i will pick up a halo again
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

M$ responds to Halo 1 HD Remake rumour Empty Re: M$ responds to Halo 1 HD Remake rumour

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 13:23

Like Halo Campaigns but rarely get into the MP. I do wish they would stop saying "this is the last halo game" though.
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 19:37

super monkey ball needs a re make
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 20:44

MAVERiCK FWG wrote:super monkey ball needs a re make

Ahmen to that, also would love to see a remake of Burnout 3, Sonic 2 and FFVII.

In related news seems the reboot of the Mega Drive series Splatterhouse is actually pretty good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 21:41

MAVERiCK FWG wrote:super monkey ball needs a re make

online multiplayer monkey target would be awesome
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 22:49

indeed duke and the monkey racing

bibng bing bing

goooooooo

ayyeeeee Smile
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Catatonic Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 22:59

agree with tom ff7 would be awesome loved that game. Smile
FWG Catatonic
FWG Catatonic
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down