Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty Elite adds monthly fee

+4
MAVERiCK FWG
Duke
FWG MARKY FWG
N1NJA FWG
8 posters

Go down

Call of Duty Elite adds monthly fee Empty Call of Duty Elite adds monthly fee

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 12:43

Taken from EG:

Activision has ended months of speculation and announced a subscription service for the biggest game series in the world: Call of Duty.

Call of Duty Elite, according to a report on the Wall Street Journal, launches this November with Modern Warfare 3.

Parts of Elite are free and parts are not. Free is a Facebook style system that helps players meet.

Elite gives players Bungie.net style tools that allow them to analyse their in-game performance. It also provides extra content, including downloadable map packs.

The monthly subscription fee is yet to be determined.

Activision was at pains to stress that Elite does not force players to pay to play online.

The general embargo for Call of Duty Elite lifts later today. Eurogamer will have much more information soon.

* dons hard hat and waits for the stones to fly Laughing

Seriously, not interested in this service in the slightest. Unless I am missing something, they are offering nothing that several other devs are already doing without feeling the need to charge.

Activision are doing a good job of pushing me closer to BF3 than any EA advertising has done so far but I bet there are plenty of COD players out there who will be foaming at the mouth with their credit/debit cards in hand ready to fork out for this so that Acti can raise the level of takings that they made on Black Ops.....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty Elite adds monthly fee Empty Re: Call of Duty Elite adds monthly fee

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 12:56

Not surprised and not interested. Bloody greedy bastards in my opinion.
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty Elite adds monthly fee Empty Re: Call of Duty Elite adds monthly fee

Post by Duke Tue 31 May 2011 - 13:30

Would be interesting to see what m$ make of this why pay a sub if you then have to again for games?
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2011 - 14:28

Although I have no doubt M$ will let this go ahead it actually violates their terms of Live for developers, Since the release of FFXI M$ stated there would no longer be subscription based games on Xbox Live. I expect Activision got round this by having it as a seperate subscription service.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Tue 31 May 2011 - 15:30

Apparently there is going to be a beta on Blops this summer.....
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Tue 31 May 2011 - 17:14

http://www.callofduty.com/elite
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 17:49

bobby kotik really does want to be a pantomine bad guy,the money grabbing cunt
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2011 - 18:04

Thinking about it this could really unbalance the multiplayer is the payed subscriber has access to heat maps etc, also the features available seem to be free to players on bungie.net...

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Tue 31 May 2011 - 18:31

There does seem to be some scope for team tournaments with 'real world prizes' at the end, as well as leagues and such like.

Although this seems like best intenet connection wins.

It also seems to think that you can sign up for clans through it, would be interesting to see how that works and if clans need to maintain a presence

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/31/call-of-duty-elite-features/
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 18:32

And still no word on dedicated servers either.

Activision can suck my left nut.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 18:36

they would never give us dedicated servers chris,that would mean kotik has less money in which to buy legit game studios and destroy them Wink
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 18:40

The next COd can fuck right off in my opinion, really not interested.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 18:50

FWG Waylander wrote:The next COd can fuck right off in my opinion, really not interested.

Exactamondo buddy !! COD has been broke since COD 4 imo
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 19:10

FWG Waylander wrote:The next COd can fuck right off in my opinion, really not interested.
I Agree
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Tue 31 May 2011 - 19:35

I Agree BF3 all the way for me i think
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2011 - 19:37

I am completely for BF3 although I like the look of the campaign and 4 player campaign co-op so will probably give this a rental

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 31 May 2011 - 19:48

Hehe, as I said earlier, EA are having their marketing done for them lol
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Tue 31 May 2011 - 21:55

The sad thing is that if they had offered this service up for free they could of buried the opposition, suppose they didn't feel the need

As it is COD has become a subscription service anyway - you just pay your £40 in one go every November
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by SuMDuMRtArD Tue 31 May 2011 - 22:34

yeah but everyone says that when they first hear the worst part of a game. Granted it blows their adding on another bloody subscription ontop of the Live one. But something will drag everyone into it. As I've played both BF and COD and I gotta say BF was good on PC and everything but not so much on 360. And CoD has always been awesome on the 360 granted i haven't played Blackops, Anyways all I'm saying is that something will drag us into it. We'll see ^^
SuMDuMRtArD
SuMDuMRtArD
1st Wall
1st Wall

Location : Glastonbury, Godalming, Cardiff, Chepstow, South Korea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 8:59

Duke wrote:...As it is COD has become a subscription service anyway - you just pay your £40 in one go every November

Agree with this, this is the one thing thats starting to wear thin for me, a new game every 12 months?? Cmon, seriously?? Are they really improving it or is it just an excuse to fleece gamers into buying a new one??

As I said, not really interested, although I may pick up cheap at some point just for the SP, not interested in MP.

So, probs be Battlefield FTW!!
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Wed 1 Jun 2011 - 9:08

Now being pushed toward Battlefield 3. I'm starting to go off the single player side of games (still not finished BF:BC2) as i would rather be online,so i think i'll give this a miss.

Battlefield 3 & Gears 3 for my end year games.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down