Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty:Elite

+4
N1NJA FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Pais
8 posters

Go down

Call of Duty:Elite Empty Call of Duty:Elite

Post by Pais Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 18:33

Here's the vid explaining what it is.

Not a bad vid (some good work gone into it),but i still aint buying into paying extra for stuff that i wont use.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty:Elite Empty Re: Call of Duty:Elite

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 20:29

especially when other studios give it for free (bungie cough cough )
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 21:44

This sucks
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 21:48

pass. But the guys who made and narrated this made me laugh
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hash Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 10:29

90%+ of elite is free...all the things people have read so far regarding this is free the premium pack is not being talked about because it tires in so much with MW3
hash
hash
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 11:17

I might sign up for the Elite Beta to see what it is like and if it is of any use. Anyone else thinking of giving the Beta a whirl?
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hash Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 11:24

Activision's long-rumoured Call of Duty subscription service was finally outed last week to great fanfare. But while there will be premium features for paying customers, the publisher claims the service will also be "the best free service on the market".

In a note on the official Elite FAQ, the US firm boasts that it will be "giving you more than ever before (and taking nothing away)", cheekily adding: "Even haters can play for free".

So what will haters and lovers alike be able to do at no extra cost? Here's Activision's summary:

Access Elite through the web as well as Elite's free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets

Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends

Track and share thousands of stats with friends - k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics

Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries - who is moving up and down in your group of friends?

Analyse advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance - where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more

Analyse your weapons performance - which weapons you are best with in which situations

Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button

Customise your loadout - search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button

Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against

Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition

Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.

Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.

Start tracking your Call of Duty career - everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops

It's almost enough to make you wonder why you should bother coughing up at all. Elite is due to launch alongside Modern Warfare 3 this November on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

im going to give it a go already signed up for the beta......at least then if it is shit I can say I tried it but its not for me.
hash
hash
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 12:38

So, if you can do that for free what will you get other than maps for having a sub??
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hash Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 12:50

I have heard that the new game is going to have far more custom things like your character model...an extreme would be when you kill 10,000 players you get to wear a necklace of ears that would show up when playing.

also that there will be prizes on offer so you can complete in leagues and win prizes on elite

so my guess is you will get the map packs, maybe some free custom crap and access to the elite competition so you can win things like gamer points
hash
hash
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 12:55

Still not bothered about the next COD, think I will have other games to play when this comes out.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 12:57

N1NJA FWG wrote:I might sign up for the Elite Beta to see what it is like and if it is of any use. Anyone else thinking of giving the Beta a whirl?

I've signed up, hopefully will get a chance to see what its like
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by PSIONUK Thu 9 Jun 2011 - 21:10

Yeah Ive signed up for the BETA too.

I'm afraid this is something we need to get used to.

To be honest I quite like it....(I'm not entirely mad) it means they need to produce a good multiplayer experience and keep supporting it and adding to it.

There have been too many games, I have bought in the last 12 months, that have been poor online; reflecting the publishers desire to sell a lot at launch with no interest in multiplayer longevity. They often get away with it, as the reviewers can't test the online experience until the launch date.

Unless there is serious monthly revenue in a game, publishers/developers will just put effort into the next pay day game release.

BUT anyway, we may all be playing Battlefield 3! .... although I hope they have more maps unlocked at the start and dont drag it out for months as they did with BC2. Stir
PSIONUK
PSIONUK
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

https://www.youtube.com/psionuk

Back to top Go down

Post by hash Fri 10 Jun 2011 - 9:03

looks like you get more shinies if you pay your money....

Kill someone with a flamethrower, win an iPad

There will also be a series of competitions and challenges offered daily. Sometimes it will be something specific, like the people with the most kills with a flamethrower attachment or the most grenade kills win. Other times it might be more general and be a matter of the most points or kills in a time frame. To join you simply need to accept the competition and your stats will be tracked. The winners will then receive prizes that could range from CoD points to things like iPads. There will also be the occasional sponsored prize for something major, like cash.

All of these features will be free for anyone to use. The Elite program will soon be available for Black Ops, and it will be built in to Modern Warfare 3. But there will be a premium option as well, which will involve a subscription fee.

The premium service

The premium side will not be a requirement to play Call of Duty, or to access the standard Elite options. Much of the premium content is still under wraps, but one example given was the inclusion of more daily prizes, and big prizes at that. The list of prizes isn’t close to being complete, but they should be fairly substantial.

The issue of how much the subscription fee is also hasn’t been revealed, but the folks at Activision claim that as part of the fee, you will receive all the map packs. A Call of Duty Map pack typically costs $15 a pop, and there have been two released for the last few games, so by that logic the total cost will be under $30 for a year. That is just a guess though.

We’ll have to wait and see what the final price is, but Call of Duty Elite is something that can be enjoyed for free, and the people that choose to pay are the same people that would end up paying the same amount of money to Activision anyway.

For now it is a bit of an experiment for the ultra hardcore fans. It could open the door to further fees for services in the future, but as it stands the Elite will not restrict anything, only add to the Call of Duty experience. And with 7 million people playing Black Ops per day, that’s not a bad thing.
hash
hash
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down