Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warner Bros. Completely cocks up Arkham City launch....

+2
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
6 posters

Go down

Warner Bros. Completely cocks up Arkham City launch.... Empty Warner Bros. Completely cocks up Arkham City launch....

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:50

Warner Bros. has missed the ball with the Batman: Arkham City. Many fans who picked up the Collector's Edition have been reporting a number of serious issues. PS3 owners were promised a copy of the animated movie, "Batman: Gotham Knight" on Blu-ray, but they only received it on DVD. The four collectible cards and Catwoman unlock code are simply not included in the package, while the Robin DLC redeem code is not working at all.

WBIE and Rocksteady Studios are aware of the problem and "are looking into the problems as our top priority to make sure you all get the content you were promised and that problems are rectified as quickly as we can."

The Robin DLC code is a problem on the redemption side and should be addressed the fastest, depending on Sony and Microsoft's response time. It was not mentioned how the DVD/Blu-ray mix-up and missing cards issue will be resolved.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros. Completely cocks up Arkham City launch.... Empty Re: Warner Bros. Completely cocks up Arkham City launch....

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:39

My word, the closer this got to launch the more it soured with all the locked content etc but to then fuck it up for the people who have shelved out is unforgivable - why the fuck was this not tested before launch.

What an utter shambles.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Warner Bros. Completely cocks up Arkham City launch.... Empty Re: Warner Bros. Completely cocks up Arkham City launch....

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:40

How the hell do they mess up in such an epic way??
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:44

The game is apparently riddled with glitches too, a case of a small dev punching way above their weight it would seem....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:47

What a shame, Arkham Asylum was just so good that this had a lot to live up to and a lot of goodwill for Rocksteady to deliver again.

Seeing how long this has been in development its a shame if it is that bug ridden
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:49

I agree mate but it looks like they may have had some rather large ambitions, still it's reviewing really well so might be one to pick up after a patch or two
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 21:50

I will still get it in time so fingers crossed they can iron these things out but its still not good enough that the ones stumping up preorder cash get a scabby game as a reward - its really not fair
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:06

N1NJA FWG wrote:I will still get it in time so fingers crossed they can iron these things out but its still not good enough that the ones stumping up preorder cash get a scabby game as a reward - its really not fair

Totally agree with this, and its one of my biggest fears for Skyrim.....
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:11

Waylander FWG wrote:
N1NJA FWG wrote:I will still get it in time so fingers crossed they can iron these things out but its still not good enough that the ones stumping up preorder cash get a scabby game as a reward - its really not fair

Totally agree with this, and its one of my biggest fears for Skyrim.....

Skyrim should be fine mate, one thing I'll give Bethesda is that they find most bugs, the odd one gets through but never game breaking.

New Vegas was an exception but that was Obsidian not Bethesda Razz
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlukeyHeadshot Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:25

Glad I've only just started Arkham Asylum then, give them time to patch it Smile

Matt

FlukeyHeadshot
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by absolution666 Thu 20 Oct 2011 - 22:28

I loved the first one and was really looking forward to this ill just wait a month then pick it up by then all this shit should be sorted out.
absolution666
absolution666
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 0:29

Oh dear....

Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Catatonic Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 19:15

to be fair they are all pretty bad dont know how they missed some of them.
but as with everyone else will defo pick it up at some point as the first batman was brilliant
FWG Catatonic
FWG Catatonic
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 21 Oct 2011 - 21:40

Killswitchmad wrote:......Bethesda is that they find most bugs, the odd one gets through but never game breaking

There were and are still loads of bugs in Oblivion. The major ones get patched out but loads were never. The PC community released a few 'unofficial patches' whereas the consoles were left to it.

One particular bug, cost me nearly 400 hours of game time, as a game file corrupted all my game files - a known bug according uesp.net.

From memory I think Chris encountered a bug in Fallout 3 which left him unable to finish a mission as well.

Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 0:50

I set foot in a building I wasn't supposed to before speaking to someone in the main storyline and it glitched one of the achievements meaning I didn't get it even after completing the quest Rolling Eyes

New Vegas at one point nearly made me give up entirely as that is full of some very random bugs that border on game breaking
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down