Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Xbox consoles to come with Kinect 2 built in.

+4
Killswitchmad
Pais
FWG Rigor Mortice
N1NJA FWG
8 posters

Go down

Future Xbox consoles to come with Kinect 2 built in.  Empty Future Xbox consoles to come with Kinect 2 built in.

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 12:36

Taken from EG:

Microsoft plans to release a next-generation Kinect device so accurate it can lip read, sources have told Eurogamer.

Kinect 2 will come bundled with future Xbox consoles, we understand.

The intention is that Kinect 2 will offer improved motion sensing and voice recognition.

One development source told Eurogamer that Kinect 2 will be so powerful it will enable games to lip read, detect when players are angry, and determine in which direction they are facing.

Kinect 2 can track the pitch and volume of player voices and facial characteristics to measure different emotional states.

The current Kinect is hamstrung by having to pass data to the Xbox 360 through ageing USB technology - an issue discussed by Eurogamer last year.

When Kinect launched in November 2010 the depth sensor was set at a 30 frames per second limit and a 320x240 resolution limit. The issue relates to the USB controller interface, which is capable of around 35MB/s, but it only uses around 15/16MB/s. This artificial limit is in place because multiple USB devices can be used at once on an Xbox 360.

Kinect 2, however, can feed the next Xbox more information, and thus a higher resolution CCD [charge-coupled device].

"It can be cabled straight through on any number of technologies that just take phenomenally high res data straight to the main processor and straight to the main RAM and ask, what do you want to do with it?" our source said.

Microsoft reportedly plans to launch two very different versions of the next Xbox.

According to a Digital Foundry report on GamesIndustry.biz, the first is a "pared down machine" to be released as cheaply as possible. It is likened to a set-top box, and will act as a Kinect-themed gaming portal.

The second is a "more fully-featured machine" with optical drive, hard disk and backwards compatibility. This would be aimed at hardcore gamers and released at a higher price-point.

Next-generation talk has ramped up in recent weeks, with Edge reporting that the next Xbox will launch late next year.

Digital Foundry believes this is unlikely, however, suggesting a 2013 launch. The console is rumoured to be set for a reveal at E3 2012.

Edge also claimed advanced development kits were already at major publishers and their teams - a suggestion corroborated by Eurogamer sources. We have been unable to verify the rumour that AMD is providing the GPU, however.

A report by MSNerd called the next Xbox the Xbox Loop - or the Xbox TV, which may relate to the rumoured cheaper Kinect 2 SKU.

Eurogamer understands Loop was the codename of Microsoft's early motion-sensing technology that predated Nintendo's July 2008 Wii Motion Plus announcement. It was a device that wrapped around a player's arm, and was said to be more accurate than both the Wii and the PlayStation Move controller.

Microsoft told Eurogamer it "does not comment on rumour or speculation".

If true, this isnt really much of a surprise...
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Future Xbox consoles to come with Kinect 2 built in.  Empty Re: Future Xbox consoles to come with Kinect 2 built in.

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 14:11

I just wanna keep playing the way I am. not liking the sound of this although the technology on the kinect 2 does sound impressive.
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Future Xbox consoles to come with Kinect 2 built in.  Empty Re: Future Xbox consoles to come with Kinect 2 built in.

Post by Pais Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 18:10

Whoopee bloody do. Bought Kinect because the wife and kids wanted it 2 months ago and they've only used it twice. Must admit i did try Zumba,but it nearly gave me heart attack after the first 2min tutorial lol. Fuck im unfit.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 18:25

The reason for that is in you sig buddy, and I thank you for it Razz
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 19:23

Annoyingly because of the sucess of the Wii us "Core" gamers are being pushed further and further to the fringe......
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 20:18

Killswitchmad wrote:Annoyingly because of the sucess of the Wii us "Core" gamers are being pushed further and further to the fringe......

If this report has any base Tom, I don't think that is quite true - they will be fleecing an extra premium out of the 'hardcore' gamer with all the extra 'hardcore' features such as a hard drive and disc drive Rolling Eyes

I think they are being clever though and covering the bases though because the core console could potentially be very cheap and be a real threat to Nintendo's new machine or as a second console for the kids bedroom etc and with cloud saving getting closer they will be hoping people pick up several consoles within the same household

Its interesting that backwards compatability is being touted already though and that will be ideal imo
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 20:23

That's exactly why I think we are being pushed out mate, if a console releases cheaper for shovelware lovers and more expensive for us who actually care about the games I reckon we will be seeing less people buying the "core" console therefore pushing s further afield....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 20:28

Nah, M$ will know that the vast majority of Live subscribers and online gamers won't be willing to settle for a set top box console......
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemzie84 Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 15:35

The better sensors in the kinect sound a lot better, the new console on the other hand hmmm.

Yet again serious gamers are going to get shafted where it hurts most..... in the pocket! Will we get anything extra for the privilege? ie free services that the "set top" xbox users will not get, knowing mircrosoft that will be a big fat no!

But microsoft know they have us over a barrel and know that we will all go out and buy what will be classed as a "proper xbox" would be nice maybe for once for the people who actually keep them in business to be rewarded instead of ripped off.... rant over lol x

Gemzie84
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 16:55

Well they dont have you over a barrel as there is playstation that although not perfect does give massively better value for money than microshaft
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlukeyHeadshot Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 17:03

Andy wrote:Well they dont have you over a barrel as there is playstation that although not perfect does give massively better value for money than microshaft

If online gaming is where you spend the majority of your time, then Microsoft do have you over a barrel as the PSN just isn't good enough at all. I got rid of my PS3 as it was sat there not getting used because the online side of things isn't up to the mark.

I personally love the things that Microsoft have introduced and they will be getting my business if they carry on how things are.

Matt

FlukeyHeadshot
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 17:36

Played a few games online via ps3 and there isnt any difference bar the party chat.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 17:49

I disagree Andy, it's getting better but it's missing any form of cross game chat and the matchmaking in most games is incredibly slooooooooowww and far less stable. Again the PSN store is getting better and certain aspects are better than the 360 marketplace but it does seem to be lacking in presentation and ease of use.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlukeyHeadshot Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 18:05

Andy wrote:Played a few games online via ps3 and there isn't any difference bar the party chat.

Uncharted 2's matchmaking was pants, I did over 80 hours on Bad Company 2 on my own, because friends could not join me mid game, the comms were a joke because half the time the official Sony headset dropped out of sync with the PS3. No party chat, no parties in general for taking players with you when you leave. The DLC was always way behind, the graphics were worse on most 95% of the games out on both formats and every time I loaded the PS3 it wanted to update either the dash or the game or something.

Gran Turismo 5, unplayable online. Lag was horrific, you couldn't join friends on it you needed to type in friends codes. When you finally got into a lobby you couldn't launch the game until it was full.

Call of duty Black Ops, i got this for the PS3 initially as all my mates at work are on PS3. However same problems, couldn't join friends, horrendous lag, lock ups, boot outs for no reason. Not to mention it looked like it had been drawn with crayons compared to 360.

I had my PS3 for 4 years, played Killzone 2, 3, Blur and Uncharted 1 & 2 offline, Sony needs big big changes for this gen as at the minute they aren't even on my radar.

Matt

FlukeyHeadshot
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 18:17

There are a lot of areas where the 360 beats the PS3, but personally M$ can do one, as the majority of my SP moving forwards will be on my PS3, and the 360 will stay for MP and playing the games I already own.

I am kinda hoping that Sony really work on PSN for the next gen, as it has the potential to be really good, but is falling far short at the moment. If they can get some of that right then they will be in with a chance imo
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 20:07

Played loads of socom and never had issue with that. Even getting on with the coffin dodgers on the ps forum i sometimes visit wasnt wn issue.
As with shaun my future mostly lies with psn. The commercial mess that is the current dash is another nail in ms coffin for me.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down