Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alienware unviels console-like PC

3 posters

Go down

Alienware unviels console-like PC Empty Alienware unviels console-like PC

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 15:14

Alienware unviels console-like PC Screenshot_275903_thumb_wide300

Sporting a smaller form-factor (it's slightly larger than an Xbox 360) and capable of running Battlefield 3 at full spec, the X51 is aimed at "the mass market", says Alienware.

The base model comes in at $699 (£455) - so it's only 'cheaper' compared to the firm's other systems, then - and it includes a 3.3 GHz Intel Core i3-2120, Nvidia Geforce GT545 graphics card, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and a 1TB harddrive.

The pricier $999 (£650) version includes 8 Gigs of RAM, an Intel Core i7-2600 and Nvidia Geforce GTX 555 graphics card.

Alienware unviels console-like PC Screenshot_275902_thumb_wide300
That will give you up to 77 frames per second from Battlefield 3, according to Dell-owned Alienware. All systems are completely upgradeable.

"I don't personally believe you can offer a system that offers a better gaming performance within that form-factor or even that there is anything close," Eoin Leyden, Alienware's senior product consultant told TechRadar.

"I asked one of our designers what cool thing I should be telling people in the briefings and he said, 'Tell them that we managed to make it all fit in'!"

Leyden explained that Alienware is keen to tap into the growing group of gamers that do not have the justification for a huge, powerful gaming machine.

"Desktop as a category has been declining, and the only shining light has been small and ultra-small form factor PCs," he added. "These PCs have been predominantly digital hubs for the living room that have no regard for the gaming population at all.

"Some of that has been partly driven by price, but also the heat generated by gaming systems is a problem."

Sure, you could probably build a PC yourself with the same specs for significantly cheaper, but it wouldn't look as cool, would it?
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Alienware unviels console-like PC Empty Re: Alienware unviels console-like PC

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 21:44

I would love an alienware rig !!!
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:00

Not sure where this fits in tbh. Most dedicated PC gamers won't give much of a toss over having a large case and will most likely build their own custom rig and the cost puts its well out of the reach of most console owners thinking of going PC. I reckon you could feasibly build a slightly stronger machine for similar money and probably give yourself a much improved capacity to upgrade in future.

The interviewee was pretty coy on how much noise this thing generates and that would concern me.

The case does look very trick though and its an Alienware so it will be high quality and will perform as well as you would expect.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down