Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil 6 announced - Trailer inside

5 posters

Go down

Resident Evil 6 announced - Trailer inside Empty Resident Evil 6 announced - Trailer inside

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 22:52

Capcom has confirmed development of Resident Evil 6 and it will be released a lot sooner than you might expect. In a press release issued this morning the publisher announced the first details of the survival horror title including the return of long time series protagonist Leon S Kennedy alongside Chris Redfield in the starring roles.

Capcom also provided the first story details as well:

Resident Evil 6 picks up ten years after the Raccoon City incident. The president, a personal friend of Leon (as revealed in Resident Evil 4), has decided to go public with what really happened during the Raccoon City outbreak. Unfortunately for the President he become the target of a biological terrorist attack and Leon is forced to take him down. At the same time as the terrorist strike Christ Redfield arrives in China to investigate a biological strike on that country. Resident Evil 6 is shaping up to be an international affair!

Resident Evil 6's producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi spoke about the teams intension when it comes to Co-OP gameplay and the horror elements the series is known for:

“From the outset the team’s intention was to create an experience that delivers a gripping storyline, tense single-player and co-op action all set against a constant theme of horror. We are calling this fusion dramatic horror and are confident it will resonate with both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers.”

Along with the announcement Capcom also released a 3 minute debut trailer for the game.

Resident Evil 6's gameplay is reminiscent of the "behind the shoulder" style introduced in Resident Evil 4. Capcom has also made subtle adjustments to the formula such as the ability for player characters to slide in to cover. We can also infer from the debut trailer that Chris and Leon will not be the only playable characters. An unnamed third character is shown at the end of the trailer, all we know about this new character is that his blood some kind of cure for the most recent outbreak.

Resident Evil 6 is scheduled for release on November 20th 2012. Check out the debut trailer for yourself below.

Ah man I hated 5 but that right there looks like Capcom have finally got their game back!!!
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 announced - Trailer inside Empty Re: Resident Evil 6 announced - Trailer inside

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 8:56

Agree, I thought 5 was a pile of turd, although Chris got into it after we initially played it. That does look good though.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 announced - Trailer inside Empty Re: Resident Evil 6 announced - Trailer inside

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 9:05

I will have to watch the vid later. It took a lot of willing for me to get into 5 but when I did, I really enjoyed it as a co-op game.

This will be one to watch for me as it will be good to see where they take the series.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 9:27

agreed that 5with 5 you had to almost force yourself to play it but when it clicked it was a fab game. personally hope this has the same control layout as i have 4 and cant get on with it at all.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 18:47

According to xbox.com this is will feature upto 6 player co-op!

LINK
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down