Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops

+2
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
6 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops Empty Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 21 Feb 2012 - 23:11

Mass Effect 3's first downloadable content has leaked to the Xbox Live Marketplace.

Called "From Ashes," the DLC was briefly available for 800 Microsoft Points and carried the following description:

"Unearth lost secrets from the past and recruit the Prothean squad member in Mass Effect 3: From Ashes."

The squad member can be seen in this banner image from xbox.com:

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops Image2_1329863623

It's likely this Prothean character previously revealed in the Art of the Mass Effect Universe book:

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops Image1_1329863585

From Ashes is believed to be the same content included in the Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition, which was previously described as "a 'classified' bonus character and mission." From Ashes was previously revealed on a GameStop receipt under the name "From Dust."

Oh dear EA must be getting seriously angry with this especially after the demo got leaked on the marketplace last year....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 8:48

Rolling Eyes nice one M$
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops Empty Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC leaks onto XBL Marketplace.....oops

Post by Simondo Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 12:26

I can see this character being inside one of the pods on that very last planet from the first game where the Protheans put themselves into storage to try and out live the reaper attack, knowing EA/ Bioware they will come up with something totally bizarre to explain a living prothean Razz
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

https://www.facebook.com/simon.bell

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 12:39

I reckon Mordin somehow reverse engineers a Collector and reverts him back to a Prothean state Agree
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simondo Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 12:41

mordin died on my game Razz unless he cloned himself coz he is that smart!
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 12:48

Simondo wrote:mordin died on my game

Sad criminal behaviour.....lol
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 13:14

do they do this on purpose for free marketing or are ms just complete numpties?
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 20:01

Nice on M$. Knobs.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 20:28

Andy wrote:do they do this on purpose for free marketing or are ms just complete numpties?

This is M$ so I would place money on it being the latter Laughing
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 21:39

Alot of fury now directed at Bioware over this as it seems that this has been developed into the game from the beginning but has been removed from all but the collectors edition meaning those that pay for the standard edition will have to shell out extra to get it.....

This marks a significant change as in the past all "New" copies of the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games came with the DLC instead of an online pass now you have to pay for it wether you buy new or used unless you get the collectors edition....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 22 Feb 2012 - 23:55

For all the crap surrounding this like sending copies into space etc, the one thing that you can't do is buy a complete copy of the game - even the CE has DLC omitted from it due to all the exclusivity crap that other retailers have been able to secure.

Its very disappointing because paying for an online pass is a slight penalty for not buying new whereas this is a case of getting a nerfed game on day 1 unless you are willing to pay out on top of the retail.

I am getting ME3 regardless and will most likely pick this DLC up now that I know the nature of it but it has tainted my view of Bioware Neutral
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simondo Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 0:11

bioware have gone downhill since EA got their hands on them, EA and activision/blizzard have single handedly ruined the games industry
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 0:12

It certainly seems that we gamers are slowly getting shafted more and more.....

I wouldn't put this down to Bioware, this has EA's fingerprints all over it Mad

It is a shame because until the "online pass" fad took over EA were really rebuilding their reputation as a great developer and publisher.....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 0:21

I think I might wait on this until the inevitable GOTY/Ultimate edition is released and save myself some cash....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 23 Feb 2012 - 8:45

No online pass on this means I will pick it up on launch but may trade it in - something I have not done with either ME1 or 2
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Sat 25 Feb 2012 - 22:54

as usual i will be waiting until it drops in price as it inevitably will do.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down