Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE: Operation Racoon City reviews arrive, PANNED!

5 posters

Go down

RE: Operation Racoon City reviews arrive, PANNED! Empty RE: Operation Racoon City reviews arrive, PANNED!

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 0:37

OXM - 7/10

Some diehard Resident Evil fans may be disappointed by Raccoon City for sapping the survival-horror soul out of the series. But the game's satisfying blend of gunplay and teamwork, coupled with its cool references to past Resident Evil games, make revisiting the perilous streets of Raccoon City worth the trip. Even with its failings, Raccoon City keeps the action rolling along; just make sure you bring some buddies to help you slaughter all the undead.

Game Informer - 6/10

Umbrella may have filled Raccoon City with horrific creatures, but SlantSix has tainted the fabled town in its own way. It's difficult recommending a return to Raccoon when you have to endure buggy AI, clunky gameplay, and terrible glitches like disappearing floors. Yes, on more than one occasion my friends and I had to ditch whole missions because we kept falling into an empty void.

Eurogamer - 4/10

Operation Raccoon City is an under-designed and under-produced nightmare, a game that delivers the bare minimum in every category and stops right there.

Gamesradar - 3/10

Not only does Raccoon City not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Valve's zombie-killing masterpiece [Left 4 Dead], a number of poor design choices, narrative missteps, and technical issues combine to make this one of the worst Resident Evil games to date.

Strategy Informer 3/10

The intelligent use of horror, intensity, and most importantly, subtleness has gone. While this game is only a diversion until Resident Evil 6 arrives, Capcom have done an amazingly awful job. Resident Evil used to be the trendsetter, the series everyone looked up to, now its identity has been de-constructed in a major way.

A real shame this and quite frankly a wasted oppurtunity.....

Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

RE: Operation Racoon City reviews arrive, PANNED! Empty Re: RE: Operation Racoon City reviews arrive, PANNED!

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 8:45

I read the EG review yesterday and couldnt make my mind up whether I was surprised or not. Its a shame that the RE name is going to be tarnished off the back of this and it adds further pressure for RE6 to deliver in a big way.

Funny how the Official magazines review gives the highest score Suspect
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

RE: Operation Racoon City reviews arrive, PANNED! Empty Re: RE: Operation Racoon City reviews arrive, PANNED!

Post by Simondo Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 9:11

These games have gone downhil since 3, people rave about the new ones, if you like 4 and 5 then you are a casual gamer who couldnt play the first 3, they have been dumbed down a lot and ruined trying to accomodate casual gaming. the last few games were not survival horror but arcadey zombie killing.
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

https://www.facebook.com/simon.bell

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 11:12

I really like d4, 5 was an utter pile of garbage.

But I wish they would go back to what made them succesful in the first place, resi eveil 1 was the best and still one of only a couple of games that has made me jump ( the corridor you are walking down and the dogs smash through the window, scared myself shitless at that part )

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 12:48

falviousuk wrote:( the corridor you are walking down and the dogs smash through the window, scared myself shitless at that part )

Easily one of the most iconic moments in gaming history.

I agree that RE1, 2 & 3 are brilliant - I recently played through RE1 on the DS and it still plays well despite the clunky controls. I have never played RE4 and had work HARD to like RE5

I need to be convinced on RE6 tbh and this game does not seem like a good way to whet the appetite (although it is aimed at a different market)
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 12:52

I played RE1 and enoyed the nest one I played was 5 and thought it was shit!! I thought the controls for the game made it unplayable!!
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 21 Mar 2012 - 12:58

I believe they took the control scheme straight from RE4 for 5 Marky and it did make it somewhat clunky. Fortunately the game didnt really punish you through poor controls

In co-op RE5 was a lot of fun but it took a little perseverance.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down