Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limbo releasing to universal acclaim.

2 posters

Go down

Limbo releasing to universal acclaim. Empty Limbo releasing to universal acclaim.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 18:53

Looks like Limbo will sit pretty as one of the highest rated titles on the 360 come Wednesday, It's currently holding a Metacritic average of 91 over 10 reviews. Here's what some had to say.

Giant Bomb 100

Limbo has a transportive quality that's hard to articulate. It so expertly realizes both its internal gameplay logic and its prevailing aesthetic that it almost creates a sort of reverie as you play, fully removing you from your physical environment and plopping you into this cold, mesmerizing other land. Though you'll find it's a tough place to survive, it might also be one you're in no hurry to leave behind. The game is a masterpiece.

Gamer Limit 100

It might not have the length or volume of content that other excellent titles like Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption have, but pound for pound, Limbo is the best game I have played all year.

Planet Xbox 360 96

Don’t be caught in limbo making a decision – buy this game as soon as it comes out on Xbox Live Arcade, and support this kind of creativity in the game industry. No matter what kind of gamer you are, you won’t be disappointed.

Eurogamer 90

A game that has very few humans, but a surplus of humanity.

Game Informer 90

A short but engrossing play that will remain with you long after you finish. [Aug 2010, p.110]

IGN 90

Limbo is an incredible achievement. Very few games are as original, atmospheric, and consistently brilliant as Limbo.

Strategy Informer 90

Limbo is a fine example of how you can create a masterpiece, yet sell it through the Xbox Live arcade at a budget price. It may not be the longest game, but to capture the imagination of any player is something that is a rarity in gaming.

VideoGamer 90

Limbo does what few games of any genre can do, which is trial and error without any of the actual tedium. It's a puzzle game that is littered with ideas and an artistic eye, but more importantly it understands the frustrations of repetition and makes failure enjoyable.

Last edited by killswitchmad on Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 18:54; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Limbo releasing to universal acclaim. Empty Re: Limbo releasing to universal acclaim.

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 18:53

Is there a demo available for this mate?
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Limbo releasing to universal acclaim. Empty Re: Limbo releasing to universal acclaim.

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 18:56

Will be on Wed mate Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 18:59

Cool Cool
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Tue 20 Jul 2010 - 7:31

deffinatly gonna be giving the trial game of this a go. It looks amazing!!!
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 10:29

Gave the trial of this a go last night. Saw Tom and Mr bear were playing it as well. Wow, that has to be the most simple idea for a game I have played in a while (thats simple in a good way) but it really is done brilliantly. Very atmospheric, at times you are playing nearly in total darkness with just a pair of eyes visible. A few of the trial puzzles had me stuck for a few minutes but im sure as you progress through the game the puzzles will get even tougher. The black and white colour scheme is a first for me and it just seems to add to the spooky, dark atmosphere esspecially when coupled to the eerie sound effects that reminds me of childhood nightmares and fears of sounds that you would get in a forrest. Another point of note is the way that the developers have cleverly worked in a foreground and a background. The trial version ended on such a cliffhanger that I very nearly upgraded to the full game there and then just so I could see what happens next. I resisted simply because I have so many games on the go at the mo that I must be strong but this is on my list for purchase sooner rather than later.
Keen to hear from anyone who has got the full game!!!!
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 10:33

I tried it as well and thought it was fantastic, I desperately need to get some points now to unlock the full version.

For such a simple game, it is elegant and clever, the puzzles may not immediately be figurable but they are logical and clever and solving them is extremely satisfying. The visual style and sound again while very simple are extremely atmospheric.

Simply a beautiful game that deserves a look, even if just to try the demo out
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 10:51

Played alot of this now and it just gets better and better, its so atmospheric and the puzzles just get cleverer. The big thing for me is that death is never frustrating its just a step closer to solving the section.

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 13:17

must.....not....buy.......must........be...........strong............

Cheers Tom
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 15:06

Agreed Tom, so many games can cause stupid amounts of frustration with illogical puzzles forcing trial and death by error of finding a solution. I only ever died a couple of times at most on any of the Demo's puzzles as it was a case of testing an idea and thinking a way around it if it failed. This game really seemed to balance creativity and logic very well
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Jul 2010 - 16:23

It certainly does, I found that it also keeps things fresh by constantly presenting new issues to traverse and never retreading old puzzles. Seriously it's a game that just begs to be played and one that's fully deserved of some serious attention.

Here's hoping for a sequel Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 19:09

Just finished it for the first time and just wow, Easily the most profound game of the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 20:08

Any replay value mate?
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jul 2010 - 20:49

The achievements require some replaying mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down