Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 2012: Predictions for Sony's press conference

5 posters

Go down

E3 2012: Predictions for Sony's press conference Empty E3 2012: Predictions for Sony's press conference

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 31 May 2012 - 10:38

As the run up to E3 begins once again it's time to take a look at what the big three might be bringing to the table this year....

Sony are seemingly in a much stronger position in 2012 after the hacking debacle and subsequent playing down at last years show. That said the company has made significant gains in the console race (mostly because of M$'s insistance on pushing Kinect above everything else) However in the handheld sector Sony are once again on the back foot, The Vita had strong sales in it's first few weeks but now lag far behind Nintendo and Apple, Sony will be keen to rectify this so a fair portion of the confrence will no doubt be dedicated to new features and some big name franchises coming to the Vita.

It's looking increasingly unlikely that Sony will show off the PS4 although it's far more likely that we should at least get a glimpse of what the develpment hardware is capable of, I would expect to see the Unreal Engine 4 running on the development kit showing off a few new demos.

It's also very likely that Sony will reveal at least a partnership with either Gaikai or Onlive and possibly a full purchase of one of these firms, Microsoft seem to be lagging in this respect and Sony will be keen to jump on what most are calling the "future" of gaming.

The Vita may well see a price drop announcment and will almost certainly be getting a swathe of bundles probably set to release the day after the conference.

PSN+ looks almost certain to be getting a huge overhaul during or just after E3 with the announcments set to be a new pricing system offering those who pay more bigger benefits, Some are going as far to say that the top tier subscription will offer some games free on release day.

It's also possible that Sonys answer to Kinect (The Move) may well be discontinued after this years show, an initially well selling piece of kit has seen less and less support and far less sales in recent times.

As far as games go it's likely that The Last of Us will be playable along with the singleplayer portion of God of War: Ascension. Possible new announcements include Infamous 3, Sly Raccon, Motorstorm, Wipeout and a new game from Quantic Dream.

It's possible that Polyphony may take to the stage to announce a new Gran Turismo however it's far more likely that GT5 may be getting a substantial DLC announcment.

That's it for Sony, Check back tomorrow for my M$ predictions Smile
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

E3 2012: Predictions for Sony's press conference Empty Re: E3 2012: Predictions for Sony's press conference

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 31 May 2012 - 12:39

Killswitchmad wrote:That said the company has made significant gains in the console race (mostly because of M$'s insistance on pushing Kinect above everything else)

Why is it that everyone other than M$ can see this Rolling Eyes

Price drop for Vita could be interesting. I wouldnt mind one but it needs more games....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

E3 2012: Predictions for Sony's press conference Empty Re: E3 2012: Predictions for Sony's press conference

Post by Andy Thu 31 May 2012 - 12:42

aye the vita is great but cant beleive the lack of games/apps at the minute.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 31 May 2012 - 12:48

You have to wonder where Sony want to focus though Andy as only this week they have announced yet another version of the PSP and are pushing that. Surely they should be letting that one lie now and throwing everything at Vita and getting the cross play function etc fully sorted.

From the little I have seen, the Vita has so much potential but they just arent delivering on it yet which is a real shame
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu 31 May 2012 - 13:05

my understanding also with vita games is that they have capped game size - presumably meaning that indepth games like fallout may never occur. the other main fail is lack of flash support or youtube app???????

that said there are a few gems, motorstorm being the main one and there are a good few games out there with a good price scale.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 31 May 2012 - 13:30

Motorstorm is a giggle but no reason to pay 200 odd quid on a console - the storage cap is a joke because what is the point of having a console that is effectively a PS3 in your hand and then crippling it. It just doesn't make sense.

It needs a couple more bona fide AAA games to hammer its intentions out
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 31 May 2012 - 13:38

If you could get Fallout 3 or New Vegas on a hand held console I would buy it straight away Bounce
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 31 May 2012 - 13:51

NightHaze FWG wrote:If you could get Fallout 3 or New Vegas on a hand held console I would buy it straight away Bounce

I would too mate, I am closer to picking up FO3 again now as Shopto are selling the GOTY edition dirt cheap:

Fallout 3 (Game Of The Year Edition) Classics - £12.85 at ShopTo.Net
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 31 May 2012 - 14:08

If Sony do grab Gaikai or Onlive you could well be streaming the PC version of either Fallout to the Vita Wink
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 31 May 2012 - 21:27

If Sony can continue to concentrate on games and m$ fuck around with Kinect, then I know where my money will go next gen.

Really interesting to see what Sony do with PS+ and would like to see improvement all round for the vita, better games, improved connectivity with the PS3, etc.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 5 Jun 2012 - 21:58

A mixed bag here although imo a very strong showing for Sony, It lacked the price drops and next gen announcments but the focus on solid, original and incredible looking games was a real blow to Microsoft.

Couple that with the fact that PS+ has become incredible value for money and Sony seem to be a clear winner for me here.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 6 Jun 2012 - 8:01

Agree to a point Tom, although would have like to have seen some more focus on the Vita
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down