Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT - Time to change your PSN passwords again, A possible hack has occured....

4 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT - Time to change your PSN passwords again, A possible hack has occured.... Empty IMPORTANT - Time to change your PSN passwords again, A possible hack has occured....

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 7:04

A member of hacker group Anonymous has claimed to have hacked the PlayStation Network again.

According to the 'hacker', a 50GB database of user information has been stolen, affecting some 10 million people.
A list of email addresses and seemingly encrypted passwords has been published, linked to via Anonymous' Twitter account.

Probably worth nipping online and changing your password, just in case.

Sony is yet to respond to requests for comment.

The threat of another PSN hack will be no small thing for PlayStation owners who endured weeks of PSN downtime and the threat of identity theft when the network was hit with a series of major attacks last year.

Will keep this updated as it's still not confirmed as genuine but change your passwords just in case  Very Happy
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT - Time to change your PSN passwords again, A possible hack has occured.... Empty Re: IMPORTANT - Time to change your PSN passwords again, A possible hack has occured....

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 8:20

I guess if its true, this is what you get when the online service is free Razz

So glad I have never stored any card details on my account. Thanks for the heads up Tom
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT - Time to change your PSN passwords again, A possible hack has occured.... Empty Re: IMPORTANT - Time to change your PSN passwords again, A possible hack has occured....

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 8:25

[UPDATE] SCEA's Shane Bettenhausen had deemed the hack a fake via his Twitter however the tweet has since been deleted leading to speculation that this may infact be a genuine hack....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 9:07

I dont store my card details with them, but I will change my password anyway Smile
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D3VILSNIPER Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 9:58

I haven't stored my Card Details - LoL - Sony Suck Balls
D3VILSNIPER
D3VILSNIPER
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.youtube.com/oDEVILSNIPERo

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 16 Aug 2012 - 10:04

[UPDATE] Sony have seemingly confirmed this as a fake now....

"We've confirmed that the recent claim that PlayStation Network was illegally hacked and that customer passwords and email addresses were accessed is completely false," assured Sony in a statement."

Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down