Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass effect trilogy coming to next gen?

+8
totalgizmo
slowdog76
Daz190uk
Pagey
Law Ram
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
MAVERiCK FWG
12 posters

Go down

Mass effect trilogy coming to next gen? Empty Mass effect trilogy coming to next gen?

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 17:56

BioWare is discussing the possibility of remastering the Mass Effect Trilogy for PS4 and Xbox One.

What do we think? a good idea or should they stop re hashing old games and concentrate on mass effect 4 or would  you like to visit old friends on your shiny new toy?

Discuss.

Ful story HERE
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Mass effect trilogy coming to next gen? Empty Re: Mass effect trilogy coming to next gen?

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 18:48

As long as the original gets a total remake of its combat mechanics then I'd buy
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Mass effect trilogy coming to next gen? Empty Re: Mass effect trilogy coming to next gen?

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 19:37

Killswitchmad wrote:As long as the original gets a total remake of its combat mechanics then I'd buy

This for me. I am currently playing the trilogy again on PS3 and I adore the first one but gameplay wise, its not aging well and it was never that slick to start with.

Mass Effect 2 is still staggeringly good but I fear any remake will just be a port of the PC version and then it comes down to cost - Steam were selling ME1&2 as a pack for under a tenner the other day.....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Tue 4 Mar 2014 - 19:43

I havent played the third as it was released while i was on sabbatical,so for me i wouldnt mind it.
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Ram Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 18:38

I havent played any of them so, yes it would be a yes from me
Law Ram
Law Ram
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 18:45

Always something I have been meaning to play but never got round to it
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 19:43

It's an absolutely fantastic trilogy and I rate ME2 and ME3 amongst my top 10 games of all time with ease.

They're just fantastic, amazing story telling - better than most films!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 19:45

my expert opinion is "meh"
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 19:46

slowdog76 wrote:my expert opinion is "meh"

yep agree
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 20:24

meh meh and make a 4th instead...
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 21:36

Being honest I'd almost certainly buy a prettier version of the trilogy once I made the shift to next gen. But if they really wanted to be nice then they'd fix ME1's combat (I suspect they won't) and include all the DLC.
Right now on Origin you can get ME2 for £10 (and that goes down to maybe £2.50 on sale) but it's still going to cost you £20ish for all the (important) DLC for it. The ME3 DLC is 4000 bioware points (again, just for the important bits) so that's another £30 on top of the £10 that the game costs.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Thu 6 Mar 2014 - 22:19

Oh fucking yippee, the reason I bought a One was to play tarted up versions of old 360 games.

I'll wait for ME4 thank you very much.
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 12 Mar 2014 - 20:30

Loved the first, not got around to 2 and 3 although recently picked up 2 (again) and have 3 courtesy of PS+

I would rather they put their resources into number 4 or better still come up with a new game rather than re-hashing these for X1 and PS4.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down