Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

+9
Daz190uk
FWG Unky Al
Dongziller
Pagey
slowdog76
Waylander FWG
Pais
Killswitchmad
PSG Penny
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 5 May 2015 - 15:18

Killswitchmad wrote:check out the VVV channel on Youtube for in-depth impressions of both the PS4 and X1 versions...

Just watched their vid from a couple of weeks ago on the PS4 version and I like the look of it. Definitely more tempted now. Will see how funds are on launch but think I will take the plunge

N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage - Page 5 Empty Re: Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 5 May 2015 - 16:09

Managed to get hands on with the PS4 version this afternoon after my local GAME tweeted that they had it on their PS4 pod.

Loaded myself a race at Spa with changeable conditions in the Focus RS, Its amazing just how much of a factor tires were to the handling, both heat and track rubber have substantial effects, my first lap was a mess until my engineer told me to brake a little harder so that combined with a little weaving soon had the tires up to temp and the car transformed and continued to grip better as more rubber was laid down.

After a couple of laps it did begin to rain and the first thing I noticed was the visible change to everything, the lighting here is absolutely phenomenal and gives a believable sense of clouds rolling in and the heavens opening, puddles slowly develop over time and visibility takes a big hit when in traffic, I had a hefty crash once the rain came down because I had no idea how to get the wipers going (down on the dpad as it turns out) I finished the race in the wet placed 12th with the AI on 50% but came away with a huge smile on my face, I really cannot wait for the 7th
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Tue 5 May 2015 - 18:18

What you getting it Thomas??
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 6 May 2015 - 17:06

X1 for me bud

Reviews are starting to trickle in and other than the Daily Star most day its a fantastic game
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 7 May 2015 - 8:25

Killswitchmad wrote:X1 for me bud

Reviews are starting to trickle in and other than the Daily Star most day its a fantastic game
But lets not forget.. they said that about... er.. some other game that was promising to be good and was a bit shit Smile

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 7 May 2015 - 17:49

My copy turned up today. Will have a quick blast for a few hours tonight Smile
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 7 May 2015 - 19:19

Pagey wrote:My copy turned up today. Will have a quick blast for a few hours tonight Smile

Let us know what you think. Hooray
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Fri 8 May 2015 - 12:43

Come on Pagey...we're all waiting for your thoughts on it
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sat 9 May 2015 - 11:14

Yeah, I'm close to just picking this up - need to trade in some games for something whilst they've still got good trade in values!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 9 May 2015 - 14:21

If it wasn't for Witcher coming out next week I'd probably give it a go, reviews have been in the most positive. Seems to be a few reports of a bit of tinkering with setup to get it feeling nice with a controller though and the odd report of a few cars handling being off but in the main its coming across well.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sun 10 May 2015 - 10:36

Handling is an absolute shocker on pad - I'm struggling to enjoy it atm. It was worth the punt and I will persist but can't see this one being any good without patches.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sun 10 May 2015 - 10:49

Daz190uk wrote:Handling is an absolute shocker on pad - I'm struggling to enjoy it atm. It was worth the punt and I will persist but can't see this one being any good without patches.

Have a look online Daz, people are discussing controller settings and once you find settings that suit your style it's far more enjoyable, apparently (I've not played it). Mouse tweeted something similar to your finding yesterday morning, "controller control is shocking, need a wheel" etc. Just nine more days til Witcher Cheers .
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sun 10 May 2015 - 11:14

I've fiddled with lots of settings, nothing has worked yet. You need a different set up for every car I think so a bit of a faff.

Witcher will be awesome but I'm saving it for later in the year - too much coming I want more in the next month in House of Wolves, F1 2015 and Elder Scrolls Online!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sun 10 May 2015 - 13:59

I found the controller settings pretty twitchy as well Daz so I tried the ones on this page:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439605295

Steering dead zone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 30

Throttle dead zone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 50

Brake dead zone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 30

Clutch dead zone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 45

Speed Sensitivity: 75
Controller Filtering: 50

Force Feedback: 100
Advanced: Off

It seemed to help with some of the cars I was driving last night and doing a side by side comparison on Road America using the Merc Evo DTM car using stock settings and the above, it certainly felt a little smoother to turn in, straighten up etc.

I havent tried Karts since changing my settings though but the Radical around Brands was fun Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Sun 10 May 2015 - 19:16

Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sun 10 May 2015 - 20:13

As it turns out the pad controls are suffering from a bug where full lock occurs when you move the stick to about 30% this has been acknowledged by SMS and is due to be patched ASAP in the meantime setting the deadzone to zero and setting the steering ratio all the way to slow on each car apparently reduces the issue substantially
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sun 10 May 2015 - 21:54

As it turns out the pad controls are suffering from a bug where full lock occurs when you move the stick to about 30%

How the hell wasn't that picked up in testing?
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 11 May 2015 - 1:37

According to Ian Bell, head of SMS its a defect of the retail release, it didn't show up in testing because it wasn't there, probably an issue in the D1 patch
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 11 May 2015 - 7:48

But that would suggest the D1 patch wasnt tested properly then.....

Either way, I like the game but the controller setup definitely needs work and hopefully they release a patch which make Karts as fun as they should be Neutral
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Mon 11 May 2015 - 8:04

Yeah I agree, being a driving game steering control should have been quite high up thier list of priorities to have got right I would have thought.

Just read about XB1 not having multiplayer lobbies or something? Is this right? Can you race with friends? Link
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Mon 11 May 2015 - 19:29

Quite a few copy's on eBay already, obviously not what people expected Sad
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Wed 13 May 2015 - 8:04

Good fun on the old Multiplayer last night. Think we need a few more nights like it Smile
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 13 May 2015 - 22:04

Had a quick try of this today. Career mode is strange. Dont see a way of doing a career tree with a car I want - unless I know all the race wibble.
Did a quick season in karts though and it seems ok once you get to grips. (Not able to try my spangly wheel ATM) but seemed ok to with a controller to me. (Maybe its just the xb1 controller sucks baws? Wink )

Had a quick dabble at mp to see what you can and cant do. Looks like theres lots of options for stuff, good control over how the races work, what aids are on etc. Reckon this could be good... Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 14 May 2015 - 7:55

What platform are you on Homer?
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 14 May 2015 - 17:14

ps4 (I got in that over boner mostly since my Fanatec wheel will work \o/ )
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Fri 15 May 2015 - 12:31

Homer, some of us should be on this tonight if you want to join us
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next