Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

+9
Daz190uk
FWG Unky Al
Dongziller
Pagey
slowdog76
Waylander FWG
Pais
Killswitchmad
PSG Penny
13 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 28 Aug 2014 - 16:03

Looks pretty. But I think thats a well established fact by now. PC looks pretty.. plays... who knows.. Smile

HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by totalgizmo Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 15:59

21st November has been confirmed as the date of release.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 17:22

did you let out a little wee giz?
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 18:20

slowdog76 wrote:did you let out a little wee giz?

I did Smile
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 18:32

It does look rather nice, would be a bit more excited if we had some hands on reviews though, the lack of them doesn't build confidence. It has some nice features, weather for one which can be sped up so you can have sun, rain and drying conditions all in one race. You can recreate a real life race, put in the date of said race and it will search the internet and download the weather conditions for that date. Also multiplayer is fully customisable, tracks, cars, locking drive view, gears etc or have them fully selectable by the individual player, it does "sound" like a real multiplayer driving game. The only thing consoles will lack is the customisable paint jobs, PC will have it but not console, big shame.

All that said if the cars handle like shopping trolleys...well it will have a lot of competition come Nov.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 3 Sep 2014 - 19:26

Glad to see it has a date now. Fingers crossed it plays well though, I have fears over this given some of the devs were responsible for Shift 2 which was awful imo.

The thought of having a a full day night cycle with weather though is so full of potential though - 24hr Le Mans sims for starters Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 9:04

What they said Smile

IIRC GT6 has the option to have the weather change and with options to control speed of said change. In MP too.
Lets be clear - im not saying that GT6 is as good - just that these are features that should have been in racers by now. Much as I loved FM4 - there wasnt a whole lotta new stuff going on that wasnt already in 3.. and the same can be said going from 4 to 5.. (The difference bieng not was there no new features.. there was less fucking content.. fucking fuckers.[Fuck] )
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 4 Sep 2014 - 14:10

HomerRamone2084 wrote:IIRC GT6 has the option to have the weather change and with options to control speed of said change. In MP too.

I didnt fully explore it while I had it but you could certainly set a dampness level for the track in the lobby in terms of a % and it made things interesting. I can't remember if you could set it to change over time though.

At a minimum now, racers should at least allow for a day night cycle and at worst, fixed weather conditions of choice per race.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 22:02

I really liked this game, it is gorgeous and plays smoothly and the driving mechanics seem very good.  Its a sim and whilst the demo was giving you Aston Martin GT's to use, I suspect all driver aids were on as they were pretty easy to control plus the AI was probably dumbed down to its easiest as they werent hard to pass or stay in front of.

I was really impressed by the lighting and the transition from day to night is fantastic.

If you like Forza or Gran Turismo then you will most likely enjoy this and its moved up on my wanted list!
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 14:55

Project Cars has been delayed until March 2015 Crying or Very sad

Whats with all these delays?  Nearly every game announced gets a delay these days.

link
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 16:07

I saw this earlier, taking the piss.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 20:09

Fuck sake......I just want a decent driving game to play now. I was pissed about Driveclub but with this coming out in November I was pinning my hopes on this. I might just pick up Driveclub now
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 20:53

forza horizon 2 is pretty good tbh - better than i thought it was going to be
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 23:03

Dongziller wrote:forza horizon 2 is pretty good tbh - better than i thought it was going to be

Yeah few people in party have said the same. Plays better than the demo etc.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 23:20

I'm quite pleased at this delay in some ways - should get some proper time to give this in March that it won't get now for me.

Although there's now this, Evolve and Battlefield Hardline all in March 2015!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 8:09

and F1 not too long after too
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 9:50

When ever it releases its always going to have competition. If theyd have released in Nov like planned theyd have picked up ps4 sales from the Driveclub fiasco.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 10:27

totalgizmo wrote:When ever it releases its always going to have competition. If theyd have released in Nov like planned theyd have picked up ps4 sales from the Driveclub fiasco.

It's simply avoiding the CoD monster, most games do these days.....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 10:58

its understandable for a new IP tbh
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 12:06

despite the handful of games around at the time, it could still be the best thing for it. I think some games could really stand to take a risk and release at a quiet time of the year. I look at battlefield years ago. always used to release at the start of the summer and it helped elevate it to the position it is in now. it had a great rep from the pc, but not so much on consoles. at a time where cod was exploding, by releasing at a time where it was the only big title and could become the main focus of play for people for a few quite months, it really helped it gain traction and reputation. the new batman games too benefited from releasing mid to late august, a good month or two before rival games. I wonder how much less games titles like thief would have sold had if they released in october.
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 14:56

Kinda disappointing its been delayed but I am with Daz - if it came out when originally planned, i would get it and possibly not give it the attention it deserves.

As long as its all sorted when it launches then i can live with the delay
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sat 18 Oct 2014 - 15:13

It annoys me that a game developed in the UK ges a later UK date than a US one... Bastards.

Maybe they have got the Drive Club team helping them out - hence the delay Wink
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 23 Oct 2014 - 15:20

A teaser trailer for a trailer  Rolling Eyes the full trailer will be shown tomorrw at the Golden Joystick Awards.

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 23 Oct 2014 - 15:38

Trailer - Taunter more like.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 23 Oct 2014 - 18:59

^ ^ agreed. Need to see moar!
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 24 Oct 2014 - 16:20

They do make a nice trailer.

Link
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next