Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activision vows to fix any problems found in Black Ops....

+3
N1NJA FWG
Duke
FWG Rigor Mortice
7 posters

Go down

Activision vows to fix any problems found in Black Ops.... Empty Activision vows to fix any problems found in Black Ops....

Post by Guest Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 15:59

It may have only officially been on sale for half a day, but already Activision's calling on fans to alert it over bugs and exploits they may have found in Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Activision blogger Dan Amrich asks players to alert the publisher over any bugs, software problems or online exploits they may have spotted in today's play session.

He wrote: "If you have something that stops you from enjoying the game to its fullest, do not panic - problems can be solved, if approached correctly. The first thing to figure out is which of the two major camps you're in.

"The first is what I like to call the 'I didn't get what I paid for' camp. That is, something's wrong with the product you bought - your disc isn't reading, you're missing a manual, your preorder bonus isn't activating... For these issues, you should contact Activision Customer Support.

"The second is the 'I found a gameplay problem' camp. That is, you found an exploit or saw someone using an exploit online, you are having trouble with server reliability, you discovered a bug in the single-player game, or something along those lines that is more related to how the software performs."

He added: "These are things that the Treyarch development team needs to hear about in order for them to fix them. The best way to contact them is through the callofduty.com forums.

"Every game has bugs; it's a reality of gaming. And the bigger the game, the more likely you will find bugs that would never even come to light in less popular titles. So the best way to help get rid of those bugs is to share what you've learned with the team that has the power and insight to fix them."

We haven't experienced anything dodgy yet, but then we haven't been sat at home in our pants all day playing - we've got news to write.

Back to top Go down

Activision vows to fix any problems found in Black Ops.... Empty Re: Activision vows to fix any problems found in Black Ops....

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 16:47

killswitchmad wrote:

We haven't experienced anything dodgy yet, but then we haven't been sat at home in our pants all day playing - we've got news to write.

Unlike Plod
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Activision vows to fix any problems found in Black Ops.... Empty Re: Activision vows to fix any problems found in Black Ops....

Post by Duke Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:35

Makes a change from the pr disaster with the infinity ward fallout last time
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:52

All these statements do come across as a very deliberate (and welcome) PR exercise after the sheer arrogance and disdain IW treated their customers with 12 months ago.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Plod Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 0:22

FWG Rigor Mortice wrote:
killswitchmad wrote:

Unlike Plod

Hey, i went to work lol
FWG Plod
FWG Plod
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/k1ngy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 7:46

they can start with the lag issues and the party match fixing
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 7:51

Had no real problems with lag last night but the party match fixing was a nightmare with any more than 2 peeps. Me & Jedi had no problems up until Chris joined us.

Last edited by FWG Unky Al on Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 7:51; edited 1 time in total
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 7:51

i was suprised by the matchmaking - they did promise local matchmaking but was in many games with yanks yesterday.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 7:54

I've not had either of those issues :s playing with a couple of guys here yesterday and all was fine and dandy....

You can edit your locale settings mate, cant remember which button though....

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 8:34

There does seem to be some lag issues atm - I found in TDM last night I had numerous death where I was seeing hit markers but kill cam was showing something different.

Also seemed to have a lot of trouble getting a party of 6 into a game.

Again, these are all patchable issues so I no major concerns.

Has anyone tried the '1 in the chamber' wager match yet? I gave one a go late last night and it was a good laugh

Last edited by N1NJA FWG on Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 13:01; edited 1 time in total
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Plod Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 13:00

I also haven't had any issues and seem to be getting a good number of kills so that makes me happy lol
Will have to try and get on with some of u later
FWG Plod
FWG Plod
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/k1ngy

Back to top Go down

Post by gambler Fri 12 Nov 2010 - 19:12

a couple of mates from work are pc only gamers and there fuming because they spent £40 and the pc version is unplayable .its not just the multiplayer even the singleplayer lags and crashes
http://www.inquisitr.com/89926/call-of-duty-black-ops-multiplayer-unplayable-on-pc-says-internet/
gambler
gambler
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down