Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza horizons2

+7
Guichew
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
slowdog76
totalgizmo
Pagey
HomerRamone2084
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Forza horizons2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza horizons2

Post by totalgizmo Thu 18 Sep 2014 - 10:11

The only thing I can think off is that I downloaded to the xbox via Smartglass, when I did get on the xbox later it said it was ready to play......maybe it wasn't fully ready.

totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Fri 19 Sep 2014 - 8:43

It looked very pretty.
My son has already asked if I'll be getting it, but there's virtually no chance of that happening this year.
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:37

I've just tried it again and its still hampered by loading screens, it could just be a dodgy install but can't be arsed to redownload/reinstall it. I can get a feel for the game as once its loaded the driving is fine. On that note I've just cancelled my preorder, not overly impressed, I'll pick it up once the price comes down but not paying £45 for it.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 27 Sep 2014 - 21:46

Tried this at EG earlier today and didnt enjoy it.  I guess I am just not used to the XB1 controller but I just didnt like the way it felt (I suspect its me though as I also tried The Crew on XB1 and thought it was horrible).   Looks great but that was about it for me and as per Giz's comment above it felt like I spent as much time waiting for it to load up a race than I did taking part.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 13:27

picked this up and enjoying it - not had the loading screen issue yet Gizzo? Car
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 14:06

I cancelled my order, just had the feeling from the demo it wasnt going to have any longevity. I'll probably pick it up when it comes down in price, cancelled The Crew also.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 16:59

no i dont think it'll last a long time to be honest but wanted a driving game - NFS Rivals i havent tried but didnt look great and i find regulary Forza a bit to boring so this works for me for now. I'm enjoying what i have played, racing a jet formation team in a ferrari a particular highlight
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 9:59

I got bored with the demo so im deffo not going to get this. I was gonna get it a while back cos i thought it was out a month afore DC. But obv this isnt the case.
Demo felt somewhat average to me Sad

And driving though fields - with all the fucking shit still in them so ye cant see a fucking thing. What the fuck is that about !?
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 23:39

All the previews seem to have this down as the best racer coming out but I just can't get excited.

Will wait and see for project cars.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 23:41

For those that have picked this up, I've set up and FWG club that's open to everyone to join
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 0:18

Daz190uk wrote:Will wait and see for project cars.

I've not got it ordered, waiting on some player reviews and if good it's the most likely racer I'll be picking up. Also have Driveclub later this week which the latest trailer and game footage looked amazing.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 9:04

totalgizmo wrote:
Daz190uk wrote:Will wait and see for project cars.

I've not got it ordered, waiting on some player reviews and if good it's the most likely racer I'll be picking up. Also have Driveclub later this week which the latest trailer and game footage looked amazing.

I went to the Project Cars stand at least 3 times at EG the other week Giz, after a first go which underwhelmed with each race I did afterwards I found myself enjoying it more and more. The AI was slow and fairly easy to pass so as a SP game, its hard to say if its going to be enjoyable or not but in terms of handling, I really liked what I saw.

The game seemed to be running very smoothly on PS4 (didnt really look on XB1, but I can't see why it wouldnt be comparable) and the transition from day to night was subtle.

Not sure I will be able to stretch to getting it on launch but I know my fears for its handling model based on part of the dev teams involvement in Shift 2 have been somewhat wiped away. I think its going to be a good alternative to Forza/Gran Turismo.

Anyway, back on topic

Killswitchmad wrote:For those that have picked this up, I've set up and FWG club that's open to everyone to join

Nice one Tom Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 20:22

stupid question but how do i join a club?
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 22:11

What kinda club ? Golf club, foozball club, Club biscuit ? Whats on yer mind ?
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 23:07

Dongziller wrote:stupid question but how do i join a club?

Once you've done 3 or 4 championships it'll open up and explain itself mate Smile
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 7:44

Dongziller wrote:stupid question but how do i join a club?

you can only join if you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 18:06

Money grabbing barstewards, the first Forza Horizon 2 car pack has been released a week after the game released.

Forza DLC
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 9:12

Whats wrong with that then ? Its not like they would have removed them to sell you later or anything Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 10:36

This is the norm now sadly
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 13:39

People should vote with thier pockets and not buy the "DLCs". As if these cars weren't ready last week and been included with the game. I'm not stupid, I know these companies have to make money but shit like this is getting ridiculous. Selling a partly complete game then sell the remaining pieces as DLC. To me DLC is a nice chunk of content continuing a storyline or character from the main story. Borderlands 2 did it well, some were better than others but you didn't feel you were getting ripped off and they were spread out over a period of time, plus the DLC had replay value with the new bosses. A car pack a week after launch is just taking us for mugs.

As Dong says, it is the norm and it's only going to get worse. Vote with your pockets ladies and gents.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 13:41

Youre not wrong. I personally refused to buy anything with an online pass.. See what I did for everyone.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 13:56

Unfortunately, season packs, day 1 DLC etc must sell well enough for developers to keep on pursuing such practices. Until the way we consume as a whole changes then it is only ever going to get worse.

N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 17:13

Alas its not as clear cut as it seems either. Even when its already on the disc.
Because whilst it seems on the face of it if its on the disc its being locked out to rob you there's the possibility that if it was not going to be sold as DLC it wouldn't exist in the first place.
Often stuff like this is developed alongside a game but only because they know its a way of pushing the game post release. It not always just about the money from selling the DLC its about getting it on the 'store front' too. Whilst they could do that and release the content free why would they if they can make a buck from it too.

Thats not to say its all that way of course - ive not doubt in some cases someone decides at that last hour 'fuck it, make it DLC'.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 17:53

N1NJA FWG wrote:Unfortunately, season packs, day 1 DLC etc must sell well enough for developers to keep on pursuing such practices.  Until the way we consume as a whole changes then it is only ever going to get worse.

i dont really care tbh. by and large games are hundreds of times bigger than they used to be, and look and sound a darn sight better too. it costs million to make them and yet games generally cost the same or less than they did when I was a kid. if they want to find new or extra revenue streams, then thats fine by me. on top of that, whilst we may look at day one dlc for example and say thats a bit cock, there will be people that will look at it and say "cool. buybuybuy". enough to warrant it's continued practice. if they want to do that, then good for them.

i will either find value in spending more money on more content or i wont. if i cant afford it, then i do without. it sucks sometimes, but thats the way of things. we had this debate today. giz was saying that destiny is half a game and shy on content, yet he and others amongst us have put in well over 120 hours into it. so who is at fault? the company for not putting in more content or us for enjoying what is there enough to be happy to play it so extensively?
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 17:56

I did get the Destiny season pass, but as a rule I'd rather pay extra and cherry pick the DLC I want.
I've been stung far too often with it in my opinion.
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 22:36

slowdog76 wrote:so who is at fault? the company for  not putting in more content or us for enjoying what is there enough to be happy to play it so extensively?
Giz - he needs to get out more Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next