Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza horizons2

+7
Guichew
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
slowdog76
totalgizmo
Pagey
HomerRamone2084
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Forza horizons2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Forza horizons2

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 22:36

slowdog76 wrote:so who is at fault? the company for  not putting in more content or us for enjoying what is there enough to be happy to play it so extensively?
Giz - he needs to get out more Smile

HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 0:14

slowdog76 wrote:yet games generally cost the same or less than they did when I was a kid.

this is very true - remember buying a megadrive cartridge as a kid £50.00 a go - cheaper today if anything Slap
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 0:25

We get really spoilt with games these days if I'm honest.

As a case in point though, Destiny is a very bad argument for the anti DLC people. It's a massive game with loads of content and the DLC appears to be more a throw back to traditional PC game expansions from the 90s and the 00s than anything like modern day cosmetic packs and odd mission downloads etc.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 0:48

Daz wrote:It's a massive game with loads of content

Sorry Daz you must be playing a different Destiny to me unless you're calling "loads of content" running the same missions over and over. Destiny is very light on content, story missions that can be done in well under 8 hours by any average player, 6 strikes (which are basically the same story missions with a boss) and one Raid is hardly "loads of content", its a small amount of content, repeated, even the bounties are the same dozen on rotation.

My arguement isn't that its a bad game, it isn't by a long way, as a shooter its one of the best and some of the nights we've had running Strikes and Raiding have been some of the best in a very long time, all because of Destiny, but "a massive game with loads of content" is stretching it a bit.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 3:54

totalgizmo wrote:
Daz wrote:It's a massive game with loads of content

Sorry Daz you must be playing a different Destiny to me
Admittedly I haven't played the game, but I was tempted to call young Dazzer out on this too. From what I've seen it has a very short storyline (considering the genre, an extremely short storyline), followed by a levelling system that relies on repeatedly running the same content. If you're happily doing the same content over and over then that's a sign of a good game with lots of replayability, but it's not a sign of "loads of content".
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 7:52

unless im mistaken though, it's one of the things with these games (mmo's). i know it isnt a true one, but dont they all start, not necessarily light on content, but certainly what you get at the beginning is built upon and added to constantly, irrespective of dlc. if destiny keeps getting added to, then surely that isnt a bad thing.

i guess the key word is "if"
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 8:27

Well it depends on your ago. When I was a lad... Games were around £8 - except for matertronic ones that were £1.99

The ST/Amiga came along and BAM £20.
Consoles appeared and that was that..

Mind you I recall Turok for N64 costing £70 so..
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 8:52

slowdog76 wrote:
N1NJA FWG wrote:Unfortunately, season packs, day 1 DLC etc must sell well enough for developers to keep on pursuing such practices. Until the way we consume as a whole changes then it is only ever going to get worse.

i dont really care tbh.

Neither do I really, I was responding to Giz's earlier post.

I pick and choose what DLC based on the merits of the game etc. I will most likely get the Destiny season pass closer to the time the first batch of content launches as I have enjoyed what I have played. Repetitive or not, I have not had a co-op session on this so far that hasnt been fun.

Back on topic, it looks like only the XB1 is getting DLC for FH2 - 360 owners arent getting anything. Seems odd cutting off what must be still a decent revenue stream by restricting platform.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 9:28

HomerRamone2084 wrote:Well it depends on your ago. When I was a lad... Games were around £8 - except for matertronic ones that were £1.99

bloody hell, theres a name i havent heard for a while (mastertronic) £1.99 from B&M's. thems were the days.

i remember games averaging around £50 when the snes / megadrive came out. i also remember the games shop in the market i used to go to used to get imported games. the prices for them were generally around £80 to £120, depending on the game in question.

re: fh2 dlc. its prob cos it was a different dev that did the 360 version. to release the dlc for it would have meant keeping them on, which isnt that practical i would imagine. on top of that, things like this happen during transitional generration phases. still, i reckon there will still be the odd dlc pack now and then when they get around to it. just not small and frequent
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 12:54

slowdog76 wrote:
HomerRamone2084 wrote:Well it depends on your ago. When I was a lad... Games were around £8 - except for matertronic ones that were £1.99

bloody hell, theres a name i havent heard for a while (mastertronic) £1.99 from B&M's. thems were the days.

Don't forget, they used to have a premium £2.99 range as well for when you were feeling a little extra flush Very Happy

They were the days - it was enought to turn even the local newsagent into a game shop Laughing
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 13:07

I stick by my point on Destiny having loads of content - this is what MMOs do. They content is samey and some of it is just changes to enemy AI or difficulty but there's still a shit ton to do. Hence people's frankly ludicrous played time already.

The strikes aren't just the story missions - that ones unfair, they are significantly different.

You also forget a pretty fleshed out MP element to the game that you might not enjoy but is a big deal for players that like this.

You just can't knock it when everyone on here has paid the same price for 20 hour or less single player games.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 17:16

XB1 Forza Horizon 2 £13 off at Tesco (£32 in store). It was available through the grocery section of the website but it seems to have been removed now but its still available in store.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3