Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross platform gaming coming with Windows 8

5 posters

Go down

Cross platform gaming coming with Windows 8 Empty Cross platform gaming coming with Windows 8

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 21:55

Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Cross platform gaming coming with Windows 8 Empty Re: Cross platform gaming coming with Windows 8

Post by FWG Unky Al Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 21:58

Not surprising that this will happen as I've read somewhere that it is also coming to the PS3 in the form of the new Counter Strike game
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cross platform gaming coming with Windows 8 Empty Re: Cross platform gaming coming with Windows 8

Post by Andy Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 22:00

i also read that on an optimised machine that win8 will take 2 seconds to boot up. of course thats pish, maybe the desktop screen will pop up in 2 seconds but doesnt mean it will be useable in 2 seconds by the time all the background programmes have finished their business.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 17 Sep 2011 - 22:08

Yeah 2 secs is pish, although Windows phone 7 is using a similar system and that boot remarkably quick
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 0:32

Andy it was 8 seconds to boot up which was demonstrated in a video recently. the laptop in question used an SSD drive and it was awoken from power off to desktop in 8 seconds.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 0:34

the xbox has already had cross platform online with the game shadowrun. PS3 Portal 2 uses steam works and allows PS3 and pc users to play together. CS GO will use steam works on PS3 as well.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 0:35

I love those demos because it's completely unrepresentative of real life where we end up with countless apps running in the background that all load on boot, 8 secs is good by I would say that will end up averaging 15-25 secs
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 7:53

whenever i have used windows in the past you are as good going away and making a cuppa and perhaps a sandwich before it is actually usable. perhaps they have actually learned from linux though, linpus lite was about 5 seconds, ubuntu netbook is about 10 on my machine.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 16:43

Andy wrote:whenever i have used windows in the past you are as good going away and making a cuppa and perhaps a sandwich before it is actually usable. perhaps they have actually learned from linux though, linpus lite was about 5 seconds, ubuntu netbook is about 10 on my machine.

did you buy them off a car boot? my 3 year old vista lappy is usable in 60 seconds from power on.
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down