Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox Smartglass now available for Windows 8, Windows Phone 7 and Android devices

4 posters

Go down

Xbox Smartglass now available for Windows 8, Windows Phone 7 and Android devices Empty Xbox Smartglass now available for Windows 8, Windows Phone 7 and Android devices

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 13:05

The Smartglass app was finally released for Windows 8 and WP7 devices yesterday and has appeared on the Google Play store today, I wasn't all that interested when it was announced but having used it now I can say it's quite a handy tool, used on the dashboard it allows you to control using your device or alternatively you can Bing search on the app and download XBLA games, Add-ons etc without having to pick up your controller and plug your way through the dash, it also allows you to type messages and redeemable codes with your touch screen rather than using the clunky controller method.

With IE on the 360 you can use the device as a mouse and keyboard making browsing a huge amount better.

There are a few teething problems as far as Games go with Forza Horizon being one of the first to allow you to use the device, I briefly got to try it out but it has since stopped working. Basically with Horizon the app acts as a GPS allowing you to see the full map on your phone, set waypoints in the game just by tapping and also allowing you to see extra details, Its a suprisingly nice addition that makes navigating a real breeze. Hopefully M$ get it sorted quick because I enjoyed using it with the game.

With the likes of Halo Waypoint, Halo 4 and a few others confirmed to have Smartglass features it will be interesting to see how these features turn out Smile
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Xbox Smartglass now available for Windows 8, Windows Phone 7 and Android devices Empty Re: Xbox Smartglass now available for Windows 8, Windows Phone 7 and Android devices

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 15:28

just downloaded the app and am using it now to post Very Happy

IE is a lot more fun to use with my phone than controller. Well worth giving the app a look!
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Xbox Smartglass now available for Windows 8, Windows Phone 7 and Android devices Empty Re: Xbox Smartglass now available for Windows 8, Windows Phone 7 and Android devices

Post by FWG Unky Al Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 16:18

Is it available on the Nexus as myxboxlive doesn't work on it?
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 22:26

Wouldnt know mate, I don't have one to try it on Razz
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 27 Oct 2012 - 22:52

The Nexus doesn't have it as a native app yet but it is confirmed working if you download the .apk and install.

http://www.mediafire.com/?panj8yo9aj40ojt
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 8:57

I have been having a play around with this, despite a message on my phone that it doesnt meet all the requirements (Gyroscope specifically) Im really surprised at how well it works.

Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Wed 31 Oct 2012 - 12:06

Killswitchmad wrote:The Nexus doesn't have it as a native app yet but it is confirmed working if you download the .apk and install.

http://www.mediafire.com/?panj8yo9aj40ojt

File removed. If you come across it again any chance you could grab it for me and email me ???
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down