Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Criterion takes full control of Need for Speed and Burnout franchises

3 posters

Go down

Criterion takes full control of Need for Speed and Burnout franchises  Empty Criterion takes full control of Need for Speed and Burnout franchises

Post by Waylander FWG Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 11:24

Criterion has taken full control of the Need for Speed and Burnout franchises.

"Our stamp's going to be in everything you see in Need for Speed and Burnout going forward in the future," Criterion vice president Alex Ward told Game Informer.

"It's not going to be spread anymore across different companies. Different studios have had a crack at it - it's definitely a Criterion gig now.

"Going forward now, with Most Wanted and what we'll do in the future [will have], shall we say, a strong Criterion involvement.

"I'm personally involved in how the cars drive, how the game will play out, how connected they are and what the features are."

In the past EA alternated Need for Speed development duties between the Guildford-based studio and other internal EA studios. But last year's Need for Speed: The Run, developed by EA Black Box, was a critical and commercial flop.

It remains unclear whether Criterion will now develop all Need for Speed and Burnout games, or simply act as franchise overlord. But we do know Criterion will have control over which Need for Speed games come out.

Looking to the future, Ward said "it would be amazing" if in the future there was "one big" Need for Speed that had all the sub-brands - Shift, Most Wanted, Underground and Hot Pursuit - in it.

"I think something big will have to happen soon to enable us to do some of the things we want to do."

Right, they can now get the fuck on with making the next Burnout.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Criterion takes full control of Need for Speed and Burnout franchises  Empty Re: Criterion takes full control of Need for Speed and Burnout franchises

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 16:11

I hope they do get on with a new Burnout (although Most Wanted looks very much like a Burnout title Smile )

The only thing that bugs me about this is that EA expect a NFS title at least once a year which would easily eat up all of Criterions time Evil or Very Mad

And what about Shift, it has it's flaws but I reckon one more title could see it blossom into a serious contender.....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Criterion takes full control of Need for Speed and Burnout franchises  Empty Re: Criterion takes full control of Need for Speed and Burnout franchises

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 25 Jun 2012 - 18:55

Not sure this is a good move. Annual NFS titles and minimal Burnout ones - Crash does not count.

Need Paradise 2 - unless of course Criterion are waiting for the next gen.....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down