Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare trailer reveals something a little different

+9
N1NJA FWG
FWG Unky Al
jollygreenmofo
Toasted Cylon
Pais
Reaper FWG
Pagey
slowdog76
Killswitchmad
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare trailer reveals something a little different - Page 2 Empty Re: Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare trailer reveals something a little different

Post by HomerRamone2084 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 9:17

Doesn't this happen every new COD ? the reviews appear and it seems that its 'the one everyone has been waiting for since '

Folks get it and week or 2 down the line its same old same old. Yoshi was gonna get it - and wanted me to go 1/2ers on it.. something about getting from the HK store making it £15 each.. But that didnt work. Next he was on about £20 each.. which was too much for me Smile
I played the last one (or was it the one before).. the one that came out around the time the boner did.. Lasted 1.5 games before turning it off again.

HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare trailer reveals something a little different - Page 2 Empty Re: Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare trailer reveals something a little different

Post by The Selkie Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 9:21

Nice to see that it's getting decent reviews - it'd be good to have everyone come together to play the same game.

On another note, they seem determined to make CoD a parody of itself:
Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare trailer reveals something a little different - Page 2 9RYKFHb
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 10:34

what am i seeing?

you just cant trust reviews with call of marmite. they all review it well to great when the reality is oft anything but.

from the people that are playing it, there are comparisons to Blops 1, which is good. I'm not sure where they are getting that from the videos I have seen, but I will defer to their better judgement at this point. They are saying it is faster though, which considering that it was already fast and twitchy before (and not to my taste as a result) makes me a bit meh about it all.

The story is getting very positive feedback too.

Either way, it's a rental for me. Im struggling to scrape together the cash for GTA5 enough as it is, and I sure as hell cant afford another game. I will be very very surprised though if, upon receiving the game and trying for myself, I will find myself wishing I could afford to buy it.
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 12:10

Daz190uk wrote:Uh-oh..... First review out and it seems to think best CoD in years.

But don't the reviews say that every year ???
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:15

Maybe a couple of people who happen to be sharing consoles could split the cost of this and be guinea pigs....

Thing Mr Dawg has got the best plan though - rent the mofo.

However if anyone really is compelled to get this then maybe this the link for them

But you really have to ask yourself - am I going to be suckered by the hype again again again again
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 15:20

And would you believe it.. boomerang just posted this to me Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:53

My daughter and her friends like it, apparently it's "Awesome". I'm going to hate it then Very Happy

Homboyee wrote:am I going to be suckered by the hype again

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 17:13

totalgizmo wrote:My daughter
I have no idea why, but anytime you mention your daughter I automatically assume that she's a spider. I think it has something to do with Law Ram?
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 18:18

I've caved and bought it. The reviews read really well and I'm pleased to see the "review in progress" approach this year to focus mainly on the multiplayer. That makes more sense for CoD, to me.

It's not always bad - I had some of my best moments in gaming back on Blops 1 and I also enjoyed CoD 4 and MW2. Here's hoping. Aside from Halo, there's so little coming out that is likely to take off MP wise so this is worth a punt and at least they appear to have changed things up a bit.

Worst case scenario is just a trade for Halo next week!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 19:47

I've almost bought it several times today on the Xbox store along with Sunset Overdrive, but I resisted.
I get Halo next week, so that's as good a reason to wait.
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 20:00

Mt first impressions are all very positive, I'm stunned. The first CoD I've actually liked initially since Blops 1.

Of course this is all subject to review in a weeks time but so far, so good.

The gun play is great again, lots more HP than in shitty Ghosts so you can actually beat someone who was already ADS. The movement takes some getting used to, it's nowhere near as quick as Titanfall but it's still quite fast. The gameplay though, oddly, feels quite slow. Aiming down sight is slower, takes longer to kill and you're more cautious as there's more ways people can attack you with the verticality of the maps and the movement.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 17:24

8 out of 10 best cod in 3 years.
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 7:04

Played the first couple of missions of the single player last night and enjoyed it. I'm up to level 35 I think in multiplayer and I don't seem to be getting bored of it which is very rare for me on a cod game
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 7:50

Done a few of the campaign missions and it seems ok to me. Multiplayer just felt like any other cod (Though ive not seen any quick drop scoping shot mofos as yet)
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 15:28

day 1 impressions: single player seems really good. certainly impressive graphically. multiplayer is more of the same only faster and twitchier, aka fucking awful. what the hell are you people seeing in this?

it also feels like a treyarch game, which i suspect it was until activision decided to keep sledgehammer on and go to a 3 year cycle.
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 15:30

Think im on the last level now. Would you believe it - turns out Kyser Soze is really a woman ! Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 15:52

i thought he was a coffee mug
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2