Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

+18
bal
HomerRamone2084
FWG Unky Al
Daz190uk
Law Ram
krisab
N1NJA FWG
Pais
Butterbean FWG
Dongziller
Toasted Cylon
xuk casey ukx
Evosean
Reaper FWG
Pagey
The Selkie
Killswitchmad
slowdog76
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch) - Page 5 Empty Re: Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

Post by The Selkie Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 0:42

Daz190uk wrote:I really wouldn't read too much in to the Internet comments. It will have very little impact on sales in the end.

Most of the biggest complainers will probably buy an X1 anyway!

I'm more concerned about what the communities I'm involved in end up doing - I.e. here and WGL.
I'm not so sure about that, Dazzer. Most people on my facebook are going PS and quite a few people here are switching over. I expect the WGL is safe. If nothing else, the X1 appealed to the competitive players with dedicated servers and twitch streaming.

The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch) - Page 5 Empty Re: Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 7:25

It's still right up there in the preorder charts so it can't be all that bad
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 8:15

Killswitchmad wrote:At the end of the day as a gamer you'll be winning No matter which you choose as both appear to have a solid lineup at launch, just comes down to price and preference, for me it has to he the Xbone purely because I'm so invested in M$'s exclusives.
Such a fanboy lol
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by BluemaniacGrant Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 8:57

How about this for going against the grain...

My uncle is a huge ps3 fan, swapped his xbox360 for a ps3 and has never looked back, so natrually i assumed he would be getting a Ps4... WRONG!

He sais, and i quote,

'Both machines look good, performance wise and graphically'
'The line up of games avaliable at release is far stronger on the X1'
'When you add the required accessories to ps4 the price isnt too far off'

Also regarding DRM, he has been asking a lot of questions on twitter and he's told me that apparently the general feeling is that you could loan a game if you wanted, to any friend on your friends list... and this kinda makes sense as you generally do have them on your list if your loaning a game to them, also, to play on another machine you just have to download your profile and then you can play a game you brought with you... so all in all ifn this is all true then i dont personally see a problem.

I also think the idea that the always online option will prevent people cheating and using copied games and also protecting the xbox from getting hacked is a good idea. Think of CoD4, and all the annoying problems of not being able to play a decent game anymore because its hacked to pieces. with none of that i can see a purer gaming experiance.

Plus, having to connect every 24 hours is a pain in the arse especially if your changing internet privider etc... But, how often do we do that? and how often is the internet down for a prolonged period? hardly, if ever... so its not as bad as everyone thinks.

Plus last time PS got hacked it was down for ages.

so for me, the xbox is a multimedia GAMING machine. Add everything else it can/will be able to do to the strong line up of games shown and its really a no brainer from my point of view.

X1 for me Smile
BluemaniacGrant
BluemaniacGrant
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:09

i agree........

i also agree with Daz, bout what the communities and my fl do. None of the Sony stuff impacts on me at all. Yes i trade in a shit load of games, but then but a lot back so ill just end up with hundreds of games.......... not a bad thing. my xbox is always online, so that does not bother me................ all the exclusive games i want are on Xbox Sony has nothing i want/ need.
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:45

you can still trade in games, just need more clarification on how. And though its select places will only be able to do it, which probably means game and possible ASDA as well (hopefully)

Think the two comments above have helped me decide to stay on the xbox and possibly get a PS3 if it does turn out to be far more powerful (though judging by the demos shown, that appears to be a wrong)

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:28

interestingly, there are quite a few publishers trickling through with comments about the 2nd hand fees / online passes / etc. and they all seem to be of the opinion that they are absolutely not going to do it. even EA (although their comment was pretty much that they havent made their mind up, but pointed at their cancellation of online passes being because the customers hated them and they weren't particularly profitable)

even though MS made a botch job of (essentially) saying the same things as sony in regards to their stance on it, i actually think that them doing so is a very very good thing. it has given the gaming community the impetus to unanimously stand up and shout very loudly in one voice against it. i think if publishers were toying with any kind of activation fees or 2nd hand fees have got the message loud and clear on the subject. never ever before have i seen fanboys from assorted sides of assorted fences standing together on a subject. 

when you get down to the nuts and bolts of it though, the two companies policies are similar; the only real reason MS are having to Farting about so much to "allow" it is because of their reasoning to make a console that relies on high speed internet. MS are clearly going to try to attempt to go down the steam route, and maybe they have been a little presumptuous with that (people said the same about Firstbox being only for broadband), but the upshot is that in many ways, what they seem to be providing is less strict than Steam actually is. 

I don't think a decision can be made conclusively. Both are going to get great games, of that there is no doubt whatsoever. For me, the package of console features and games that MS has put together is superb. Yes even kinect. I think too many people with kinect associate it with "stand up and wave arms around", which is fair enough, as thats what it was. but its becoming very clear that, whilst those kind of games will exist, it wont be the main use for the thing. 

I still haven't decided, and have swung back to "neutral" after the euphoria of the (admittedly) funny Sony conference has died down and had swung my decision-o-meter in their favour somewhat.

game pricing is going to have a massive impact on decision. its easy to say "they will be this at launch", but what about MS's supposed "digital renting"? will they price digital games competitively (possible given what has been said so far)? its not just about the short term costs, but the long term as well. i would miss rentals (massively) but if MS throw something out there akin to Steam pricing, then who cares? basically, what are the long term pricing implications for me wanting to continue to play games on these things?

And then, of course, MS have ruled the roost completely and utterly when it came to Live v PSN. Sony were shocking in comparison, and as clan members, and some competitive gamers, this should be one of the things that are absolutely top of the list of priorities
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:41

Surely M$ clearly said that you wont be able use the disc on another console but that you may be able to re-activate it if the publisher of said game allows it - at certain retailers. So selling on ebay is out for sure.
The other facet to this which seems to upset more than not bieng able to buy/sell games is  (based on what ive read here and there) is not being able to let others in the house use the game or lend to mates. (This is of course glossing over rentals - which M$ have said wont be possible at launch). 
For this there's going to be the family wibble -which they still havent explained really.

Sony have made it clear that you will be able to loan games to mates etc. But they made a disclaimer for things along the lines of an online pa$$ (which by the sounds of it all the publishers are saying they are dropping cos they dont make any money) 
The said what publishers want to do server side . Don't see how this could actually stop games being reused at all unless a game had a code that has to be verified online. And since the PS4 has no mandate to be online... ever then I suspect such an inclusion in any given game would get a disapproving frown from sony when submitted for release.

As for game price - The games will be the same price I would expect.

I reckon ill buy both eventually, but im very probably going to get the PS4 first. It seems quite possible that the boner will get a price drop not longer after release given how pissed off people seem to be. (They did with the 180 if you remember..)

The thing I mentioned in the F1 thread is actualy pretty important too - the wheel I have want cheap and id sooner be able to use it on the next gen platforms too. It seems unlikely that itll work on boner, and probable it will work on ps4. (the old ps2 wheels work on ps3 - both were connected with USB. The wheel connects to XBOX wirelessley - so that deffo wont work on boner. Connection to ps3 is with USB - the PS4 (think we need a better name for it Smile ) hsa usb.. so...... im hoping itll work on there.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterbean FWG Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:43

@ grant if you add the price of xbl gold to the xbox price it the gap gets larger though.
Thinking about though i may use the money to buy myself a gaming pc and use steam insted.
Butterbean FWG
Butterbean FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:03

Lets all go EuroGamer, play games, get wasted, play more games the following day and then decide Bounce
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:07

Butterbean FWG wrote:@ grant if you add the price of xbl gold to the xbox price it the gap gets larger though.
Thinking about though i may use the money to buy myself a gaming pc and use steam insted.

not really reece. sony are charging for online gaming with ps4
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:08

Butterbean FWG wrote:@ grant if you add the price of xbl gold to the xbox price it the gap gets larger though.

Not so good man as PS+ is now required for online gaming and that is Also $50 a year same as XBL 

The PS4 controllers are expensive at £50 too.

I read a story earlier that stacks up the prices once you have everything at the Xbone worked out to be £30 more expensive,  I'll try dig it out....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:17

slowdog76 wrote:

not really reece. sony are charging for online gaming with ps4
But thats still not a valid comparision - because with that £40 on ps4 you also get a free game - which is gonna be at least another £40.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:19

Neither of them have announced controller prices have they ? 

Arent the current gen ones around the same price ?

Course the ps4 will have thon funky touchpad, but the boner has the extra trigger rumbles so...
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:21

Sony have announced the price of accessories with the controller retailing at £50 and the new PlayStation eye at £60
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:27

Sony have pulled a bit of a crafty on the price here imo.  Their camera is not bundled with the PS4 and that has given them the ability to seemingly undercut MS.  If MS werent so bull headed about forcing Kinect on to each and every owner of the new console it would make a big difference to me.

I hate being told what I must have or do when I am shelling out on what is a leisure activity.  Sony are much more latent with Move and leave it to choice whether you want to use it or not.  I much prefer their attitude.

If MS were to annouce a console WITHOUT Kinect and it was price comparable to the PS4 I would be swayed and would live around the other inconveniences in its ownership but I really dislike the idea of my devices watching and listening to me and still harbour a long term paranoia about MS usage of it.

I still havent seen the PS4 E3 presentation yet as I was too tired when I got home from work last night but I still wasnt 100% convinced on what MS showed other than Titanfall and already, the Respawn devs are murmering about it going multiplatform in time.....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 13:54

The one way Ms could do to mitigate the price issue, and I hope they do, but probably wont, would be to pack in a game with the console. This would offset the cost a bit.

The only really bad move they have made is the check in every 24 hours. For most it wont be an issue as we allready have internet, but those that cannot get internet, cannot afford internet or have very poor service, then this is not the console for them.

Also the extra services such as the TV thing are only available in the USA at launch, with other areas possibly coming later. The sky deal was seemingly not true, as sky have denied any reports of using the xbox in place of their own sky hd box.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:04

Killswitchmad wrote:Sony have announced the price of accessories with the controller retailing at £50 and the new PlayStation eye at £60
Says £44 here Smile

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-details-final-ps4-spec

It also explains the full spec and confirms the drive is user changable. This is another big plus for me. I dislike that M$ have locked the drive away inside the console as with the 180. It was a bit shit paying the crazy prices they put on the drives... but at least you could change them... I really do think 500gb 2-3 years from now is going to be utter cock and the drives are going to fill up really quick.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:11

If the next gen consoles are using upto 50gb BR drives and the games are making good use of that storage, 500gb is not going to last long.  I can see why both have gone with 500gb as it sits at a very good £/$ per GB rate.

That said, having a swappable drive in the PS4 is a good move as sooner or later 2/3 TB drives will be the norm and very affordable making upgrading long term much easier.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by krisab Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:18

Killswitchmad wrote:Sony have announced the price of accessories with the controller retailing at £50 and the new PlayStation eye at £60

£60!! I'm pretty sure I read £44 the other day...

krisab
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:19

is it easier?  i mean, whats the deal in terms of transfering data from old hdd to new? surely plugging in an external is a simple plug and play scenario? (ignoring the extra device knocking around aspect of course)
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:26

BluemaniacGrant wrote:Also regarding DRM, he has been asking a lot of questions on twitter and he's told me that apparently the general feeling is that you could loan a game if you wanted, to any friend on your friends list
I don't think so. My understanding is that you can trade a game to anyone on your friends list (provided they've been your friend over 1 month to prevent people using it as a way of selling games) but games can only be traded once. So I could give you my copy of Fallout 4, but you can't give it back. You can share all of your games with up to 10 "family members" but MS haven't elaborated on what constitutes a family member. If it's a matter of picking 10 friends then I'll be very happy. Essentially you could pick 10 people from your clan and all share games, if one of you bought the new Elder Scrolls game then any of the other 10 could play it, provided no one else is playing it. Which would be great for me, as none of my RL friends play many games for me to share with them, so I'd much rather share digitally with clanmates. On the other hand, they could do something like say only people sharing credit card info are "family".
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:40

I dont want a hdd plugged into the front. thats just shit. (wonder if they limit the size like they do with 360?)

I bought a 3tb drive the other day £85. I think we can say thats pretty much affordable right now ! Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:43

your first bit isn't quite right selks. folks are assuming that they are talking about lending, but when describing that process they use the word "give". obviously, that is a different connotation. Steam do something similar, ie: buy a game, or buy a game as a gift. 

by using the word "give", it implies to me that this is a step on from steam gifting system. i have a game. i finish said game. i give it to selkie. the only giving it "once" thing accounts for just being able to give it to one person, and one person alone, ie: if there is some kind of "licence code", i give can give that to a hundred folks, but once one of them "redeems" it, then thats that. it wont work for the other 99. 

i know that is a bit of conjecture on my part, but thats how i read it, especially given all the spiel they gave about family stuff, taking games to friends houses etc etc
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:44

HomerRamone2084 wrote:I dont want a hdd plugged into the front. thats just shit. (wonder if they limit the size like they do with 360?)
 plug it into the usb at the side then Finger
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:52

You can plug external drives into the xbox one for extra storage, i assume this also means usb thumb drives as well.

No info yet if you can do this with the PS4 at the moment. Though being able to swap in a bigger HDD is a good move.

@ninja  Kinect can be turned off completely, though still needs to be connected for some reason. You can have it in listen mode, which it listens for one command only 'xbox on' or off completely.

I like the idea of being able to walk into the room and saying 'xbox on' to turn it on. As long as it recognises my voise and i dont have to shout at it several times to get it to wake up.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next