Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

+18
bal
HomerRamone2084
FWG Unky Al
Daz190uk
Law Ram
krisab
N1NJA FWG
Pais
Butterbean FWG
Dongziller
Toasted Cylon
xuk casey ukx
Evosean
Reaper FWG
Pagey
The Selkie
Killswitchmad
slowdog76
22 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch) - Page 6 Empty Re: Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

Post by falviousuk Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 14:52

You can plug external drives into the xbox one for extra storage, i assume this also means usb thumb drives as well.

No info yet if you can do this with the PS4 at the moment. Though being able to swap in a bigger HDD is a good move.

@ninja  Kinect can be turned off completely, though still needs to be connected for some reason. You can have it in listen mode, which it listens for one command only 'xbox on' or off completely.

I like the idea of being able to walk into the room and saying 'xbox on' to turn it on. As long as it recognises my voise and i dont have to shout at it several times to get it to wake up.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch) - Page 6 Empty Re: Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

Post by The Selkie Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 15:06

slowdog76 wrote:by using the word "give", it implies to me that this is a step on from steam gifting system. i have a game. i finish said game. i give it to selkie. the only giving it "once" thing accounts for just being able to give it to one person, and one person alone, ie: if there is some kind of "licence code", i give can give that to a hundred folks, but once one of them "redeems" it, then thats that. it wont work for the other 99.
"Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."
I suppose it's down to interpretation, but I read that as a game can only be gifted once, so if I give it to you then you can't give it to Dong when you're done. If you can then that'd be another nice feature, imagine being able to share games amongst each other without posting discs etc.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 15:37

yh possibly

either way, even if im lumped with it once gifted and i cant do feck all with it, it still isnt that bad. i mean, set up a "buddy" system; go halves on a game, one plays it to death, gives it to the other. next game, switch positions where one has it permanently. not perfect, but still not that bad
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 15:37

slowdog76 wrote:
HomerRamone2084 wrote:I dont want a hdd plugged into the front. thats just shit. (wonder if they limit the size like they do with 360?)

plug it into the usb at the side then Finger

Tosser

Not bad - but still a monumental tit on as compared to lending/giving/selling the disc.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 15:54

slowdog76 wrote:yh possibly

either way, even if im lumped with it once gifted and i cant do feck all with it, it still isnt that bad. i mean, set up a "buddy" system; go halves on a game, one plays it to death, gives it to the other. next game, switch positions where one has it permanently. not perfect, but still not that bad
If I was going to play a game to death then never be able to play it again I'd rather rent it for a week. It's probably be cheaper too. 

Does anyone know if we own these games forever or just until the end of the month?
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 18:37

All I'm gonna say is we need a fuck load more info from both sides before November.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 14 Jun 2013 - 18:17

Having been away for the week, and only picking up my updates via twitter due to lack of Wifi and poor mobile reception, I have to say that it will be a PS4 for me.

I have migrated to PS3 over the course of this gen, and Microsoft have done nothing to sway me back.

M$ exclusives are no longer holding me so again nothing to sway me from Sony.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6