Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

+9
Daz190uk
FWG Unky Al
Dongziller
Pagey
slowdog76
Waylander FWG
Pais
Killswitchmad
PSG Penny
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage Empty Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by PSG Penny Mon 26 May 2014 - 10:29

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamageHead-670x376

I’m sure I’m not the only one that always felt pretty dissatisfied about the visual damage models featured by most racing games. For some reason developers seem to have enormous problems in showing their pretty rides really smashed up. They get some scratches here and there, lose some paint, maybe they even drop a spoiler or a bumper, but it pretty much always ends there, no matter how hard you drive into that brick wall.

Luckily the upcoming Project CARS by Slightly MAD Studios, that will hit the shelves starting this fall for PC, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U is different. The developers went out out of their way to make sure that when you have a crash your car will really reflect it.

To show you what I mean, I picked up the beta, made sure that the visual quality was cranked up all the way, selected a nice oval curse where it’s easy to just drive against the traffic to cause some nice metal carnage, and started my destruction derby with some of the most beautiful rides included in the game. Needless to say, the results were unlike anything we’ve gotten used to with all the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport of the past.
It’s worth mentioning that absolutely no tricks were used to get the shots you’ll see below. There are no special settings. All I did was smash the cars up, park them, hit replay (that uses exactly the same models as the game, in fact a few of the screenshots don’t even use the replay, since I forgot to activate it), move the camera around and snap away. What you see is what you get.

As a side note, don’t mind the stripped down course. It’s still under construction so it lacks pretty much everything besides the asphalt and the fences. It does make a great destruction derby field, though.
But without further ado, I leave you with the screenshots, make sure you click on each to see the full resolution.

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-110-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-28-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-31-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-41-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-51-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-61-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-71-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-81-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-91-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-101
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-111-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-121-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-131-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-141-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-151-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-161-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-171-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-181-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-191-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-201-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-211-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-221-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-231-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-241-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-251-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-261-670x376
Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage ProjectCarsDamage-271-670x376

That’s what I’d easily define next-gen visual damage (or maybe I should say “new-gen?” Still, you get what I mean). While it’s still not 100% true to life, as it’d be nice to see fully deformed chassis, wheels that come off, and maybe oil leaking on the asphalt, it’s definitely much better than what we’re used to.
Hopefully Project CARS will show other racing game developers that smashing up a Pagani or a Ferrari with no restraint isn’t such a sacrilege and the next Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport won’t let our cars come out of a crash looking like a kid pranked us by scratching the paint off the door with a key.

PSG Penny
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage Empty Re: Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by totalgizmo Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 21:18

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage Empty Re: Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by totalgizmo Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 21:21

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 21:23

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 21:29

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 20:17

Very pretty game, lets hope it plays as well as it looks. Did I see that Namco Bandai have picked up the publishing rights for this recently?
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 21:48

Nice set up.

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 22:03

That is really impressive, very immersive and I found it easy to not notice that the 3 screens butted together. That wheel looks mega as well. A set up like that would cost a fair but though I suspect!

I did like how the track went from soaked to drying - he states that he put time lapse up to 10x normal but something like that on a longer race with friends could be a lot of fun
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 23:19

N1NJA FWG wrote: A set up like that would cost a fair but though I suspect!

for starters
3 x 24" HD monitors ~£300
1 x Fanatac wheel ~£400

technically I dont know how to run 3 monitors but I'd guess you'd need a decent graphics card  Very Happy ... or two, then your PC... I think you're right, it will cost a fair bit.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 10 Jul 2014 - 8:25

Still read nothing anywhere about how this actually plays. Pretty is good... but it dont mean squat if it drives like a shopping trolley. Im not saying it does - but a lot of people have played this by now - why is there no shiz about how it plays - its ALL 'wow that looks priddy'
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 12 Jul 2014 - 21:40

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 15:12

Another great look trailer just hope it lives upto the visuals.

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 15:16

This trailer is amazing, cannot wait for this....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 15:34

I really hope this is great. (Unless I cant use me wheel - which will surely take the edge off for me).

But I ain't blown away with the car list TBH. And pretty does not make a good game. Especially a car game. If they cars handle like shopping trolleys....
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 16:09

Someone should make a shopping trolley racing game. Tracks could vary between the local supermarket or pub carpark to a stretch of the M6 in rush hour. They could add challenges like a pissed up point to point time trial to get home from the pub after closing time. Could be good fun.

As long as this or Drive Club work out I will be happy, I feel ready to get another driving sim and its going to be a toss up between the 2.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 18:27

Midtown Madness 3 used to have em. And skips (and I dont mean Lada convertibles Smile )
They really should have remade/rebooted/made next gen version of that by now. Was a cracking game
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 18:52

Laughing gutted, I missed that one

Back on topic, this really does look stunning. I just hope the gameplay lives up to the visuals as it could be very special

totalgizmo wrote:Another great look trailer just hope it lives upto the visuals.

N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 19:53

It could be a case of sticking with the PS+ version of Drive Club until this comes out,then decide wether to upgrade to the full DC. Think that's what I'll do.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 19:58

This is shaping up to be something special, Driveclub also looks amazing but I have read recently that quite a few features won't be available at launch (weather etc) which is a shame considering how long it's been coming....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 20:32

Killswitchmad wrote:This is shaping up to be something special, Driveclub also looks amazing but I have read recently that quite a few features won't be available at launch (weather etc) which is a shame considering how long it's been coming....

Yes , bit disappointing since it originally a launch title.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 15 Aug 2014 - 21:05

Pais wrote:It could be a case of sticking with the PS+ version of Drive Club until this comes out,then decide wether to upgrade to the full DC. Think that's what I'll do.

Sounds like a plan Mart, especially given that features will need to patched in as Tom posted earlier.

At least we get about a month with DC before Project Cars launches as well so plenty of time to make a more informed decision on which to go for (if sticking with one of course)
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sat 16 Aug 2014 - 17:26

I will likely get PC for sure.
I was going to get FH2 and DC because I thought that FH2 was a month or so ahead of it. Looks like its just a week though so im pondering ignoring FH2. Maybe will get it when its cheap
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Tue 26 Aug 2014 - 18:41

Pais wrote:It could be a case of sticking with the PS+ version of Drive Club until this comes out,then decide wether to upgrade to the full DC. Think that's what I'll do.

This
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 28 Aug 2014 - 13:40

PS4 Project Cars footage

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 28 Aug 2014 - 16:03

Looks pretty. But I think thats a well established fact by now. PC looks pretty.. plays... who knows.. Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next