Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

+9
Daz190uk
FWG Unky Al
Dongziller
Pagey
slowdog76
Waylander FWG
Pais
Killswitchmad
PSG Penny
13 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage - Page 4 Empty Re: Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by HomerRamone2084 Mon 30 Mar 2015 - 19:25

I dont think theres any question about how pretty it is. But so is forza 5. But how the game played, and the cards handled I though was cock in Fm5. Maybe it is super realistic, but if it is then FM4 was complete bollocks.
Im also a little worried about the range of cars in PC but that can sorta be put right with DLC. If the handling feels nob.. then im not going to enjoy it.

HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage - Page 4 Empty Re: Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage

Post by Pagey Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 9:30

Do many people plan to pick this up on the ps4?
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 10:17

Im still not sure I want to get it - It surely looks great, but how does it play is my worry. (Wasnt a fan of their previous racers).
But if I get it will surely be on PS4 since my fanatec will work on there. (I did consider getting the PC version but i just wouldnt play it... Really wish I knew why Smile )
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 10:49

Pagey wrote:Do many people plan to pick this up on the ps4?

If I get it, yes. I enjoyed what I played of it at EGX last year, it was certainly a lot better than the Shi(f)t games in terms of handling. The numerous delays to its launch are my biggest concern though so I am keen to see how the final build reviews before putting the money down.

I do want it to be good though as I really would like a decent racer with private lobby support. Driveclub is fine but its tracks don't feel multiplayer friendly as they are in the main, quite narrow - the odd bump and bang is fine but I can see the MP on it being constant destruction derby and the lack of private lobby support is still a real miss.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 3 Apr 2015 - 18:14

They are meant to be adding private lobbies to DC - the whole online system I found to be a bit strange tbh.
I mean it works, but its just.. odd.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 9 Apr 2015 - 21:40

Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 0:05

Lets just hope the game lives upto the trailers.  Smile

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 10 Apr 2015 - 16:54

Ive no doubt itll be priddy. FM5 is, but its dull to play and I disliked the handling (Which didnt feel the same as the previous versions despite claims of 'its dead realistic')
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 9:15

We shall see. This looks more "complete" than Forza 5 but then it's been in development a lot longer.

It's all a bit moot for me anyway - F1 2015 is out on X1 in June. That's me for other racing games, it's been a fun 18 months of dabbling but can't wait to get back to proper racing!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 9:22

Daz, 02:30 onwards

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 9:38

It does look decent but whether or not it's as good as a proper F1 game I have my doubts. Codemasters are far from perfect but the past games have largely been good and they only have to nail one type of handling whereas for Project Cars this is just one small part of their game.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 9:50

If you watch the video I posted above, look at the track, verge and grass, its all flat with just the colour change for each surface, only the kerbs are visably raised. You might not think thats much but playing the game yourself its far more noticable, the track is very flat in appearance. The version I tried the track looked like it was from a different game to the cars. PCars looks pretty in the released footage but what I tried wasn't even close to Forza or Driveclub.
Also if you watch him doing his lap you'll see the car break away loosing traction, the version I tried it was so unpredictable and uncontrolable, the cars were like driving on ice with slick tyres.
I hope the version I tried was just a dodgy version, it was dodgy in one way Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage - Page 4 Smiley-face-whistle-2, the final release is going to have be hell of a lot better tbh as the version I tried wasn't even alpha standard IMO and it was a late 2014 build.

The lack of any feedback (leaked or official) from the PC community who've been testing legit versions for several months is also very odd. Question

I cancelled my preorder and I'll decide once its out and tested. Smile
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 14:37

Daz190uk wrote:It does look decent but whether or not it's as good as a proper F1 game I have my doubts. Codemasters are far from perfect but the past games have largely been good and they only have to nail one type of handling whereas for Project Cars this is just one small part of their game.
Im hoping its not like a 'proper' F1 game. I have no interest in F1 racing - I like a bit of variety in my racing. Using the same rocket powered go carts just doesnt appeal to me at all. This is another concern I have. Theres a variety of cars here, but even the 'regular' cars are not the stock versions. They are race versions whoose only real resemblance to the car they are meant to be is the bodywork.

GizmoTotal wrote:The lack of any feedback (leaked or official) from the PC community who've been testing legit versions for several months is also very odd.

I cancelled my preorder and I'll decide once its out and tested.
Agreed. Suspicious at best. Though I dont know if I will wait - being an impatient sort.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 11 Apr 2015 - 23:29

totalgizmo wrote:If you watch the video I posted above, look at the track, verge and grass, its all flat with just the colour change for each surface, only the kerbs are visably raised. You might not think thats much but playing the game yourself its far more noticable, the track is very flat in appearance. The version I tried the track looked like it was from a different game to the cars. PCars looks pretty in the released footage but what I tried wasn't even close to Forza or Driveclub.
Also if you watch him doing his lap you'll see the car break away loosing traction, the version I tried it was so unpredictable and uncontrolable, the cars were like driving on ice with slick tyres.
I hope the version I tried was just a dodgy version, it was dodgy in one way Amazing Project CARS Ultra Screenshots Show Car Carnage, Truly Next-Gen Visual Damage - Page 4 Smiley-face-whistle-2, the final release is going to have be hell of a lot better tbh as the version I tried wasn't even alpha standard IMO and it was a late 2014 build.

The lack of any feedback (leaked or official) from the PC community who've been testing legit versions for several months is also very odd. Question

I cancelled my preorder and I'll decide once its out and tested. Smile

Hmmm I'm unsure you had a version from late 2014, Maybe it was labelled as such :/

Take a look here...

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-community-gallery-76/

This is the community gallery from Dec 2013, All shots are uploaded by players, Look at the trackside detail ones, theres considerable detail there compared to most games....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sun 12 Apr 2015 - 9:14

I hope you're right. The build I had was around build 940 its upto 970 odd now. I had bit of a dig around the torrent forums and theres a few mentions of graphics not being all that and theres a couple of legit software users defending it so I guess its a case of wait and see.

Project Cars is also available on Steam and early access users are getting warned about putting any info online, good or bad. One guy only wanted to post a positive review and he got a message warning him it was against some terms and conditions, not sure if its Steam or PCars sending out the warnings though.

My issue with still images is they can look fantastic especially if taken in the games "Photo Mode". Bloodborne for example you could get some fantastic screen shots but play the game and the flaws are easily spotted. My experiance was that the detail was there but no definition, it was like they'd taken a high quality photograph of the grass and just pasted it onto perfectly flat surface, no blades of grass sticking up, it looked aweful basically, especially when low down in a driving position.

There is a later build on a few sites but I didn't bother downloading it again as we'll see soon enough if its not delayed, again. Smile
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Wed 15 Apr 2015 - 21:15

New PS4 gameplay and it has also gone gold which means we could be a few weeks away

Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 16 Apr 2015 - 2:47

X1 gameplay too, some interesting things popping up today, both versions 60fps PS4 is 1080p X1 is 900p, interestingly both have PC style graphics options....

Also on tracks that support it the car count has been bumped to allow up to 45 cars in a race!
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 16 Apr 2015 - 7:07

May 8th the official release day now Smile

Can't wait for it! It would be great if we got a bit of a regular Friday night on it if enough of us get it
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 16 Apr 2015 - 7:25

Killswitchmad wrote:interestingly both have PC style graphics options....

I like the sound of this Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 2 May 2015 - 2:33

So this is just around the corner and impressions of the game are beginning to leak ahead of its release, check out the VVV channel on Youtube for in-depth impressions of both the PS4 and X1 versions...

So who's going to be grabbing on launch? I've kept my preorder so should be playing from the 7th
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Sat 2 May 2015 - 8:21

Dylan still has his preorder
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Sun 3 May 2015 - 1:29

I will be getting this at launch for sure, I cannot wait Very Happy Very Happy
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sun 3 May 2015 - 11:13

Giz reckons its shit and you should trade it. Perhaps you should have it delivered directly to CEX or something Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sun 3 May 2015 - 11:26

Smile

It looks pretty and all but I'll be waiting for all your reviews before dipping in my pocket. Witcher Wild Hunt is a week or so later which is the game I've waiting for the most, had it on preorder since 8th Dec 2013, just hope that doesn't turn out crud.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sun 3 May 2015 - 16:52

totalgizmo wrote:Smile

It looks pretty and all but I'll be waiting for all your reviews before dipping in my pocket. Witcher Wild Hunt is a week or so later which is the game I've waiting for the most, had it on preorder since 8th Dec 2013, just hope that doesn't turn out crud.
Actually, Giz reckons its shit and you should trade it. Perhaps you should have it delivered directly to CEX or something Laughing
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 5 May 2015 - 15:18

Killswitchmad wrote:check out the VVV channel on Youtube for in-depth impressions of both the PS4 and X1 versions...

Just watched their vid from a couple of weeks ago on the PS4 version and I like the look of it. Definitely more tempted now. Will see how funds are on launch but think I will take the plunge
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next